Association Member Benefits Advisors

I'm sorry Gemini...I'm confused. We do use a scripted brief presentation to market our 5 or 6 products. Most of the presentation however is the warm up and the close (asking and answering the clients questions).

Magoo- If you are looking for a full-time opportunity this may be the right place for you. Typically part time doesn't work as well but that is at the local manager's discretion.

You would get a lot of information out of a 1st interview with the local manager to see if its a potential match.

Stay away from AMBA. At first it will seem great, but once the charge backs hit you are done. You will never work yourself out of charge back hell. The commissions are the lowest in the industry. They have about 300 new reps a year and they only last about 3 to 6 months. You will not make money as an agent.

I'm sorry Gemini...I'm confused. We do use a scripted brief presentation to market our 5 or 6 products. Most of the presentation however is the warm up and the close (asking and answering the clients questions).

Magoo- If you are looking for a full-time opportunity this may be the right place for you. Typically part time doesn't work as well but that is at the local manager's discretion.

You would get a lot of information out of a 1st interview with the local manager to see if its a potential match.

Will you be opening up an office in VA in the near future?

Here is the deal, they have about four core products they offer to retired teachers. Long Term Care, Cancer, Medicare and Travel Insurance. The company is an independant Brokerage based out of Texas. They used a canned sales presentation that you must learn word for word, call on union members and schedule appointments to visit them in their homes. They use a letter of endorsment from various Retired Teachers Associations to convey trust and gets you in the door. They use a soft progressive approach that is somewhat fear based. They tell their reps this is a one call close and that if you have to go back you are a week salesman. Typical snake oil approach. Here is the real kicker. They make you pay a training fee of a couple hundred dollars up front, Why? Becasue they know that the business model is flawed and know that smart people who join and see the writting on the wall, bail out early. Only one out of 20 new hires even make it past the first three weeks after their joke of a "Fast Start University" This organization is a sham and poorly managed. If you join them you will be sorry.....and they will laugh at you all the way to thier bank!:D

did you decide to go with AMBA?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi LTC27,
I was offered a job with AMBA recently and have a couple of questions maybe you could answer? Does AMBA take out a 10% fee on advancements and do you have to sign a no compete clause for LTC for three years if you leave AMBA?

Thanks for any help in advance...

Last edited:
Funny you should ask. I used to work with them and so did (at the time) my district manager. Advice, don't quite your day job! I would not recommend being a captive agent with them. However, their products are good for the market they represent.

I went to the FSU in Indianapolis last week i was never told that we had to pass a test but we were to memorize the presentation. i missed one paragraph and was told to skip to the next part of which i did and completed it but when i got back to the hotel. To check out i was told that i failed and would have to pay for my stay, they would not cover it.

simply put, AMBA is the worst decision I have ever made. they made me poor when I was doing just fine. leads are a sham; unless you consider a phone-book a book of business. majority of clients thought I was a fraud because the retirement association didn't allow cold calling ( 90% of my job). the only thing positive I have to say is, the products they sell are solid (over priced; apples to apples). they omit to the retirees. lie to the associations. and promise a feast to their agents but only give them scraps.
:1mad::no:

Since I am the Original Poster, I just wanted everyone to know that I threw away the mailer I got several years ago, and never thought about it again.

Way to keep this post going, though

Back