Associations go Senior Market

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I was flipping through my Agent Sales Journal and saw an ad for United Retirement Services Association (www.myursa.com). Looks like a NASE memebership for the senior market.

I know that AARP is an association, but nothing like this one. AARP is almost the norm for 55+ people to join for their senior discounts and political views (for some at least).

Any thoughts?

Not surprising, actually. They gotten more aggressive in their marketing of recent, including YouTube vids, more celeb. endorsements, and even using online PR distribution as a means of driving traffic and eyes. Think it's Kathleen Paulson as top person over there. The whole gig is monthly paid memberships.

Lot of room out there to get seniors to fork over $19-$79 a year for so-called "supplemental benefits," including oil changes, grocery coupons, and dog collars.

A.C.

I was flipping through my Agent Sales Journal and saw an ad for United Retirement Services Association (MyUrsa.com: The Leading My Ursa Site on the Net). Looks like a NASE memebership for the senior market.

I know that AARP is an association, but nothing like this one. AARP is almost the norm for 55+ people to join for their senior discounts and political views (for some at least).

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure they'll last.

Rick

Back