Assurance IQ Life Insurance Sales

Patsy

I am thinking about proceeding with the Assurance work at home opportunity. Big decision for me and was wondering if any other agents are having success with this platform? Sure appreciate your comments. :unsure:Thanks.

I've been with Assurance for 1 year now. It's changed quite a bit since last year. They have a group of people who transfer you the calls. Those leads are usually really bad. They come from online surveys like publishers clearing house, etc. I'm not sure what is said to them prior to transfer, but the majority of them tell you right away that they are not interested. The transfers seem high pressured to talk to an agent.

Lately, I've been getting some calls off of their final expense TV ads. Those are actually good leads, when you talk to the person wanting the insurance. Lots of times, though, it will be a child calling for the parent or someone not willing to get a quote and wants a brochure mailed to them. If you do get one where the person to be insured is calling and will listen, those are gold. You simply read off the screen, gain agreement, and proceed with the sale. You will have a rebuttal or two, but usually not someone playing around on the phone.

The majority of the calls are for final expense. Most of the calls have an annual income under 10k. They all cry poor.

Lots of free look period chargebacks, and lots of insufficient funds chargebacks.

I am licensed in 12 states, so my wait time between calls averages about 5 minutes. I don't know the exact number, but when I log on to the platform, the phone rings until I have had enough.

The closing ratio appears to be 4%-7% on average, however, I have experienced as low as 2% (1 out of 50 calls). The closing ratio will vary depending on how many calls hang up on you when you answer. For instance, on any random day, you can have 50 calls, but only 10 of them went through the presentation and you sold 2. The other 40 are a combination of immediate hang ups, failed transfers, people being blind transferred, wrong numbers, and people telling you they didn't want to be transferred.

You really have to grind it out about 10 hours per day, if you want to make enough money to justify not being in an office on a salary.

John Hancock, Transamerica, and HII. Lumico is the 1st carrier offered and if they dont like the pitch, you are prompted to offer one of the other carriers.

It is awful. I did the training in Dec. wasted a week getting pumped up with great sales numbers etc. I thought maybe their leads would be better. They aren't. They are awful. The repetive pitch they have you do is awful. I'd stay away.

Horrible company I worked at Assurance all last year and trust me your wasting your time.

Low commissions on 22.5% and goes up to 30% after you submit 20 applications but still a horrible payout with no residual. Commissions are so low retention is horrible because there is no incentive to keep the customer just move on the next application. High chargeback rate and lots of debt.

Horrible marketing people calling about free Walmart gift cards and wanting $250k coverage for $15 a month when they are 70 years old which is impossible.

Lumico is a horrible company probably one of the worst insurance companies they fail to draft premiums on accounts and want the customer to call in to draft a payment when the date was clearly put on the application. Horrible underwriting lots of declined applications, lack of payment, lots of cancellations. Customer service is extremely rude and not helpful they always say I don't know and have no solution to any problems whatsoever.

The worst is the tier system which penalizes agents when they don't work! Last year I had a trip planned to Costa Rica with my family and I was gone 10 days and when I came back I was tier 6 and was not getting calls for a whole month. They penalize you when you don't work and feed you less leads or garbage leads.

This company should be sued by every one and they are a perfect example of every thing wrong with the life insurance industry. Predatory and scammers everything imaginable.

Yep fellas, it’s not an easy gig, for sure. Lots of “chittay” leads and many people who are not interested in the product. It’s a grind! You absolutely need to take 50 calls to make 1 sale. I can’t argue with anything Dan or Jay have said.

For perspective – I have worked several life insurance opportunities that you can find on this board. All of them are complete garbage. ALL. OF. THEM. “Chittay” leads that you pay for and have no chance to succeed. But the doucher that sold the leads to you made money. (spare me the training spiel) If they didn’t need to make money on the leads, then all of the opportunities on this board would be legit. None, and I mean NONE are legit.

Take a step back and imagine PAYING for the leads you received at Assurance…. That’s what is happening to most agents out there. They pay for all the nonsense WalMart gift card and survey leads which are spun to the agents as some kind of “Exclusive Life Insurance Lead”. It is fraud. No other term can describe it.

That is the state of insurance sales. Complete nonsense and fraud from IMO’s and lead vendors alike. They are ALL in this to give the insurance agent the ‘high hard one’.

At least with Assurance you don’t have to pay for the fraud with your money, just with your time. Take the calls, follow the script, and you will make sales. Lots of declines and charge backs, but you don’t have to pay for those “chittay” leads.

CHEERS!

I have worked several life insurance opportunities that you can find on this board. All of them are complete garbage. ALL. OF. THEM.

At least with Assurance you don’t have to pay for the fraud with your money, just with your time.

Whenever I hear 'opportunity' as in 'business opportunity' all I really hear is '...... this may hurt a bit.......'

But 'at least'.........

Your post basically said 'yeah it really sucks, but at least it did not suck worse'

We are always hearing about how this system sucked for so long or that upline ripped someone off for so long. Why the hell do you guys put up with this crap? I get that it may take a while to figure out that stuff is bad but once you do, bail.

There are some real scumbags in this business for sure. This forum is awesome for bringing it to light. I would bet many recruiters, outside this forum, never tell their agents about it.

Yep fellas, it’s not an easy gig, for sure. Lots of “chittay” leads and many people who are not interested in the product. It’s a grind! You absolutely need to take 50 calls to make 1 sale. I can’t argue with anything Dan or Jay have said.

For perspective – I have worked several life insurance opportunities that you can find on this board. All of them are complete garbage. ALL. OF. THEM. “Chittay” leads that you pay for and have no chance to succeed. But the doucher that sold the leads to you made money. (spare me the training spiel) If they didn’t need to make money on the leads, then all of the opportunities on this board would be legit. None, and I mean NONE are legit.

Take a step back and imagine PAYING for the leads you received at Assurance…. That’s what is happening to most agents out there. They pay for all the nonsense WalMart gift card and survey leads which are spun to the agents as some kind of “Exclusive Life Insurance Lead”. It is fraud. No other term can describe it.

That is the state of insurance sales. Complete nonsense and fraud from IMO’s and lead vendors alike. They are ALL in this to give the insurance agent the ‘high hard one’.

At least with Assurance you don’t have to pay for the fraud with your money, just with your time. Take the calls, follow the script, and you will make sales. Lots of declines and charge backs, but you don’t have to pay for those “chittay” leads.

CHEERS!

Hi,

If you're willing to share this with our readers (we're an insurance news site), I'd be happy to talk.

Our website is coverager.com

Back