Assurance/Lumico Experience?

karen rowland

Has anyone worked with this company and can tell me if they offer good, unlimited leads and earning potential like they say they do?

Hi Karen, not sure if I can give you an answer on that, I am on the border as to make a commit to them, their platform sounds great but what they did not tell me was that I had to have at least 10 mbps upload thru the internet to handle the volumeness amount of dialing that goes thru your system via Assurance. I had already invested a great deal in buying non-resident licensing in other states before i discovered this bit of information that I think might have been important for me to know.
Based on where I live in El Paso, TX can't obtain anything higher than a 5 mbps upload.
To answer your question, the leads are unlimited, but quality remains to be seen, since i have not really started yet,
they do want you to commit to at least 25 hours a week on the system.
If you or anyone has any suggestions on what I should do as a brand new licensed agent I am all ears. I thought of going to a traditional IMO model but don't know yet,

Hi just wondering if you all went with assurance? I am thinking about it and talked to a recruiter a few days ago.

I went to work for them after being told I would be communicating with people that had requested an agent contact them. Instead, I listened to the computer call people and 99% of the people were angry.....there people that never requested info and most had requested numerous times for the calls to stop....it was embarrassing. So, it took hours to get somebody interested unlike what I was told. After becoming exhausted with the whole ordeal I quit (3 weeks) and they wouldn't pay me for my last week. I can't help but think it's best to go with a well known company (they use only one unknown company) that provides a tangible policy.....this whole thing was a bad experience.

Sounds about right... They are scammers, debiting bank accounts after policies have been cancelled. Customer Service Reps. that work out of their homes are rude ,inconsiderate and managers are not availability to return phone calls. The experience with them was a nightmare. STAY CLEAR CONSUMERS AND BROKERS

I have been with Assurance about two months. In my brief experience I feel this can be an extremely lucrative opportunity. Inbound and transferred calls are pretty much non-stop once you get past Tier 4. There are 6 calling tiers and if you are half way good at following their scripts it takes about a month to get to Tier 3. Once there, you should be writing enough apps to make $50k plus. You have to spend 25 to 30 hours per week on the system to make that. Pretty good pay for a part time job in my book.

Start-up. They are very forthcoming on what is expected. I knew about the 20 Mpbs download/ 10Mpbs Upload in the first conversation I had with them so not sure how the other poster missed that. You have to sit through a week of pretty boring web based training that explains how things work and do some online training prior to that. In the middle of the training week they give you access to the system and you can start making money from then on.

Leads; Strongly disagree with 99% being bad calls. You get the occasional *** that went online, filled out a profile, and now wonders why someone is calling them. DUH. If I fill out something online I can pretty much be assured that someone and probably several companies are going to call me. Most people are friendly and ready to get a proposal. If not, your done and on to the next call. It's a calling center type job, people. It is what it is. I usually talk to about 25 to 30 people a day and I am now averaging about two apps per day. That relates to about $250 commission per 6 hour day . I am still learning. Others are doing better. Do the math. I am good at what I do but definitely not the best. You just have to take the calls and sell the ones you can.

Support.: Great communication with my team leader Ron. Absolutely one of the best managers I have ever worked with. Very knowledgeable, skilled, and supportive. Accessible by text, phone, email. Usually get a response in no more than a few minutes.

This is a very viable, work from home job that you can make a lot of money at putting in part time hours. You can jump in from 8 AM EST to 9 PM PST and always have someone to talk to. Perfect for a retired person like myself to make extra money and still have time to do other stuff.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.

I have been with Assurance since the first of the year. I have a great manager. I can tell that he really wants all of his team members to be successful.
When I was recruited, the recruiter said I would be taking all inbound calls that had been prequalified and transferred to me. That turned out to not be true, and I was put on an outbound dialer which I LOATHED.

However, just recently, it seems like almost all of my calls are inbound, and that makes it tolerable. If I get to a point where I'm put on an outbound queue, I just hang up for the day or try again later. I can't handle being a "telemarketer".

I have not been terribly successful at this program. I feel that I am 50% of the cause. I could be doing better. I take responsibility for my lack of meaningful sales volume.

The main drawback is the commission level. It is around 20%. (I'll wait for the gasps to die down....)

I don't work many hours per week, but if I did and I was able to sell more policies per week the commission level goes up slightly when you increase beyond a certain threshold, but that resets itself every week back to 20%.

The main positive is that there are NO expenses. Zero. You don't pay for leads, or any monthly "software" or other bs charges. I feel that they're truly trying to run a fair and legit opportunity for both agents and customers.

I don't know that their infrastructure is as solid as you would expect from a large insurance company; I have a feeling that all the underwriters also work from home and aren't terribly invested in the process. I've had several cases where the u/w's didn't seem too earnest about contacting pending applicants and getting the policies approved... you know, so I can get paid. And your hard work goes down the drain.

But if you put in a lot of hours, like 30 per week, I'm sure you can make a solid successful living at Assurance. I just don't particularly enjoy it and I haven't been putting forth a sacrificial effort of forcing myself to do the uncomfortable, so my lack of blazing success is my fault. If someone were highly motivated and disciplined, they'd very likely make a decent income.

I have been with Assurance about two months. In my brief experience I feel this can be an extremely lucrative opportunity. Inbound and transferred calls are pretty much non-stop once you get past Tier 4. There are 6 calling tiers and if you are half way good at following their scripts it takes about a month to get to Tier 3. Once there, you should be writing enough apps to make $50k plus. You have to spend 25 to 30 hours per week on the system to make that. Pretty good pay for a part time job in my book.

Start-up. They are very forthcoming on what is expected. I knew about the 20 Mpbs download/ 10Mpbs Upload in the first conversation I had with them so not sure how the other poster missed that. You have to sit through a week of pretty boring web based training that explains how things work and do some online training prior to that. In the middle of the training week they give you access to the system and you can start making money from then on.

Leads; Strongly disagree with 99% being bad calls. You get the occasional *** that went online, filled out a profile, and now wonders why someone is calling them. DUH. If I fill out something online I can pretty much be assured that someone and probably several companies are going to call me. Most people are friendly and ready to get a proposal. If not, your done and on to the next call. It's a calling center type job, people. It is what it is. I usually talk to about 25 to 30 people a day and I am now averaging about two apps per day. That relates to about $250 commission per 6 hour day . I am still learning. Others are doing better. Do the math. I am good at what I do but definitely not the best. You just have to take the calls and sell the ones you can.

Support.: Great communication with my team leader Ron. Absolutely one of the best managers I have ever worked with. Very knowledgeable, skilled, and supportive. Accessible by text, phone, email. Usually get a response in no more than a few minutes.

This is a very viable, work from home job that you can make a lot of money at putting in part time hours. You can jump in from 8 AM EST to 9 PM PST and always have someone to talk to. Perfect for a retired person like myself to make extra money and still have time to do other stuff.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.
$250 for two sales per day, holy moly, that should be $1200 or more depending on the AP!!!!!!!!! Somebody making a killing and somebody getting screwed!!!!!!!!!!!

As an update to my above post: recently the co. has made a concerted effort to reduce the outbound calls to zero. (I hope this change sticks)
This makes the position much more palatable.

They've changed their dialer system to something less buggy and also made the change to having "guides" transfer the cold calls into you, so the calls are "warm" by the time you are speaking with the prospect.

There are a lot of people making very good money on the platform, but again, at 20% you are left with the feeling that you are walking away from a lot of potential commission. Conversely, you must also think "would I even be talking to this customer without Assurance being involved?" Answer is "no". So now you must compare your 20% with 0%.

If you could fund yourself with your own leads and application system certainly you could do better. For someone new to the industry like myself it's good training wheels to build some confidence and competence. If you don't want to buy leads, drive to appts, knock on doors, and deal with the frustrations of no-shows, than it fits the bill nicely.
I really have zero bad to say about the company, the leadership, and the opportunity. It is what it is. It's not a permanent home, but it's very good temporary shelter.

As an update to my above post: recently the co. has made a concerted effort to reduce the outbound calls to zero. (I hope this change sticks)
This makes the position much more palatable.

They've changed their dialer system to something less buggy and also made the change to having "guides" transfer the cold calls into you, so the calls are "warm" by the time you are speaking with the prospect.

There are a lot of people making very good money on the platform, but again, at 20% you are left with the feeling that you are walking away from a lot of potential commission. Conversely, you must also think "would I even be talking to this customer without Assurance being involved?" Answer is "no". So now you must compare your 20% with 0%.

If you could fund yourself with your own leads and application system certainly you could do better. For someone new to the industry like myself it's good training wheels to build some confidence and competence. If you don't want to buy leads, drive to appts, knock on doors, and deal with the frustrations of no-shows, than it fits the bill nicely.
I really have zero bad to say about the company, the leadership, and the opportunity. It is what it is. It's not a permanent home, but it's very good temporary shelter.
If you’re happy that’s all that matters

Back