Assurant Billing Problems

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
It never ends, and now Assurant is having billing problems. Few things that I noticed come about today:

1. I got 10 emails/calls/texts stating they got a letter in the mail stating their premium is past due. Even though, every one of them are set up on a monthly bank draft/credit card, the charge went through a few days ago, and the system and rep confirm a paid to date of 4/1/15. I guess their phones blew up again today, with long hold times, and as far as I can tell, the letter was sent to every client set up on auto pay.

2. For ON exchange clients who want a bill in the mail, they only offer quarterly billing (even though I thought the law required monthly billing). If client sends in 1 month, it sits in pending status until all 3 months are received, and then the paid to date is updated.

3. The same ON exch, quarterly billing clients who did NOT send in Feb payment are showing TERMINATED now, even though they have a 90 day grace period. Now, the client must send in all 3 months of premium within the next 60 days, and the policy will be "reinstated".

This, on top of me still chasing down people for proof of income for 4th week of OEP clients............has still grounded me from even getting out to play a round of golf. Wrote the biz, now I got to go save the biz. Fricken joke.

It never ends, and now Assurant is having billing problems. Few things that I noticed come about today:

2. For ON exchange clients who want a bill in the mail, they only offer quarterly billing (even though I thought the law required monthly billing). If client sends in 1 month, it sits in pending status until all 3 months are received, and then the paid to date is updated.

Fricken joke.

Page 22 of the 2015 Assurant Agent Guide https://www.hcslife.com/uploads/3/0/5/3/30535596/agent_guide_2015.pdf says that if the client doesn't specifically ask for monthly, after paying the first month's premium, their billing defaults to quarterly.

Add this crazy billing policy to the sky-high Assurant premiums in many parts of the country and it would appear that Assurant is exiting Major Medical the cowardly way.

I thought this was just a fluke: a client called me today that had cancelled months ago and an EFT showed up today and it starts all over again. You're right: it never ends.

I have never had Assurant problems ... so here we go, again.

Really ... what next? Can we wake up yet?

Page 22 of the 2015 Assurant Agent Guide https://www.hcslife.com/uploads/3/0/5/3/30535596/agent_guide_2015.pdf says that if the client doesn't specifically ask for monthly, after paying the first month's premium, their billing defaults to quarterly.

Add this crazy billing policy to the sky-high Assurant premiums in many parts of the country and it would appear that Assurant is exiting Major Medical the cowardly way.

They have never had a monthly direct bill so this is nothing new-I am not defending them but that is not an indication of them leaving the Major Medical business (there are many, many other indicators of that, unfortunately, with elimination of agent commissions #1 #2 #3.....#10).

----------

1. I got 10 emails/calls/texts stating they got a letter in the mail stating their premium is past due. Even though, every one of them are set up on a monthly bank draft/credit card, the charge went through a few days ago, and the system and rep confirm a paid to date of 4/1/15. I guess their phones blew up again today, with long hold times, and as far as I can tell, the letter was sent to every client set up on auto pay.

3. The same ON exch, quarterly billing clients who did NOT send in Feb payment are showing TERMINATED now, even though they have a 90 day grace period. Now, the client must send in all 3 months of premium within the next 60 days, and the policy will be "reinstated".

This, on top of me still chasing down people for proof of income for 4th week of OEP clients............has still grounded me from even getting out to play a round of golf. Wrote the biz, now I got to go save the biz. Fricken joke.

I never expected to say this but I have given up on chasing down payment status with any of the insurance companies-this is something I have always done but it's a waste of my time-nothing gets resolved and all any of the agent CSR's tell me is to 'have the member call member services and ask'.

Stopped getting client calls. Found out Assurant made robocalls notifying clients that the late payment notice was sent in error. Great companies make mistakes, the best companies clean up their messes.

Back