Assurant Changes Coming...

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
In addition to Network changes...Changes to CoreMed (See below):

The following changes to CoreMed plan design are effective March 1, 2012:
  • The office visit copay option has been removed in AK, AL, AZ, FL, GA, IA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MO, NE, OK, PA, TX, VA, WI, WV and WY. Office visits are covered subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
  • The separate prescription drug deductible/copay option has been removed in states it was available (AK, AL, AZ, FL, GA, IA, IL, MD, MI, MO, NE, OK, PA, TX, VA, WI, WV and WY). Prescription drugs are covered subject to the plan deductible and coinsurance.
  • The $200/$200 inpatient/outpatient facility fee option has been removed in all states except GA and KY. The $750/$200 and $0/$0 options are still available in most states.
Many other changes other than CoreMed changes.

For those of you licensed with Assurant, you'll be receiving an email, or you may have already.
Pennsylvania Assurant Health Insurance rates are so-so but maybe they are more competitive in your state.

Last edited:
Yea....tatertot and I were talking about this a couple of days ago......

Just like you i am waiting and see the end result but heres the question...... in dallas even with the aetna network the hsa 10K is still 100 bucks a month over the lowest best option... we were told the rates would "blow us away" are the rates on the assurant agent portal for 03/01/12 eff date the new ones or are they holding off on the new rates until after the confc. call tuesday?

give me wisdom all knowing health insurance person

Assurant, in small market segments, still kicks ass. I write a lot of it, and it always hasn't been that way.

mmmm......they stated in my email up to 45% reduction in rates in AZ. But Cofinity network still is cheaper by 6% over new Aetna network. Where's the 45%, one zip code?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They did alot more than just add the Aetna network.

They removed Dr copays, and Rx copays completely off Core Med, no more monthly billing option, discontinued 10% healthy discounts for new customers, discontinued decreasing deductible and lower deductible options on One ded plan.

Seems like some belt tightening going on.

Last edited:
Back