Assurant is recruiting for life?

Jan 2, 2008

1. Guest

Guest Guest

A woman called me and ASKED if she could send the following. I agreed and here it is. My guess is that this is NOT the Assurant health carrier but someone else? Anyway, if you are interested I suppose you can follow up on it as maybe they are looking in your area as well? It would be interesting to know who it is. (Note: I deleted her email for security reasons... contact me if you want it.)

Al

Guest, Jan 2, 2008
  2. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    I would not doubt that they are trying to move it on over to the life side because I've been hearing the health products are overpriced. I don't sell a lot of health, but I've been hearing they are not competitive. On a side note: the insurance IQ lady called me a lot with a lot of offers like this in the past, then some kind of crazy thing happened - and it did pertain to one of the big captives, and she quit calling me.

3. Newby

Newby Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I sold their life products for a few years on the pre-need funeral division. I was in their Presidents Club.

They were pretty good and then one day poof...they pulled out from selling through agents and tried to go direct through their website at greatly reduced premiums. They failed at that.

Newby, Jan 2, 2008
  4. HomeService

HomeService Guru

State:
    Texas
    I would be interested in this, if they are not captive- and if they did not go "poof" one day.

5. B. Ober

B. Ober New Member

I would love to contact this person about this. Can you send me her e-mail, the phone number didn't pan out.

B. Ober, Apr 29, 2008
  6. Newby

Newby Guru

State:
    Indiana
    The phone number for Assurant's policy service for life policies is 1-800-773-6333. I know this number is still good because I talk to them fairly regular. I think that division is in Greenville, SC.

The headquarters for their life division is in Atlanta, GA. I don't know if it's the same as their health division or not. Alan Feagan was the man in charge of life when I was there.

I know they are still active selling under the name American Memorial Life Insurance, they also own Allied Security, Pierce National Life and United Family Life. Their Preneed Life Insurance Division was bought out a few years ago by Forethought and I'm sure there is a non-compete active there.

I would be very surprised if they get their act together with a good life product. Fortis/Assurant never seemed to have a strong focus to me. Huge pocket with weak leadership until they broke off separate from their parent company. Then the deep pockets went away.

Newby, Apr 29, 2008
  7. B. Ober

B. Ober New Member

Thank you for the info. I will try that route.

B. Ober, Apr 30, 2008
  8. Virtualinagency

Virtualinagency Expert

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Assurant has life insurance?

9. Newby

Newby Guru

State:
    Indiana
    They sell FE through brokers as American Memorial. They also sell Preneed life insurance through Dignity Funeral Homes.

Newby, Dec 24, 2009
  10. ergammill

ergammill Expert

State:
    Missouri
    I checked this out a several months ago, they are two different companies, with different owners and no relationship.

A little internet research will provide the details.

Also American Memorial has been sold by SCI to an offshoot of Forethought, also happened the 18-24 months or so.