Assurant Now Taking Diabetics

dgoldenz

Virginia
"Diabetics must meet this criteria:

Pre-diabetic or non-insulin-dependent diabetic
• Not taking injectables (insulin or Byetta)
• Age 19 through age 63
• Non-smoker (have not used tobacco products in the last two years)
• Without diabetic-related health complications, such as:
o Amputation
o Neuropathy (nerve damage due to diabetes)
o Retinopathy (eye damage due to diabetes) – mild is individual consideration
o Nephropathy (kidney damage due to diabetes)
o Stomach damage such as delayed emptying
o Foot or leg ulcers
o Cardiovascular complications due to diabetes (heart attack, stroke)
• Compliant with treatment and recommended follow-up (a diabetes-related doctor visit within the last 18 months is required)
• Lipids, hypertension and glucose are controlled with or without medications
• Have prior coverage

Additional risk comes at a higher cost — for diabetics that meet the criteria above, all quotes should include a rating on average of 50%* "

I think this is a state by state situation. They were taking diabetics over a year ago in GA but only for age 55 and up. A few months ago they removed the age restriction.

Still haven't had anyone qualify.

Just checked my Assurant pending, diabetic client was declined after going for doctor records, but he also had chol and HBP. Diabetes alone maybe approved, but combo of other things will get a decline

Seems like alot of red tape to jump thru. I love helping people with pre-existing conditions but from what I read, there will be few people who qualify for that plan from the original poster. Why not give them a guaranteed issue plan? Or am I wrong?

Even for people without Diabetes..This company, at least in Tennessee, seems to be a lot more expensive than the other players in my state..Have I been looking at Assurant incorrectly all these years?

Nope. Assurant/Time has not been a player in many states for some time. Their HSA is reasonably competitive but I just don't feel comfortable with them. I write some STM and dental with them but not much else.

Nope. Assurant/Time has not been a player in many states for some time. Their HSA is reasonably competitive but I just don't feel comfortable with them. I write some STM and dental with them but not much else.

I heard there was a new plan that would be announced on 10/15 - it's only pre-planning right now. Dental and Health for the entire family for only...get this...$200/mo. What a deal. I can't wait to sell it. I'm told it's real major medical with a $100 deductible.

Surprised you haven't heard of it.

Rick

I heard there was a new plan that would be announced on 10/15 - it's only pre-planning right now. Dental and Health for the entire family for only...get this...$200/mo. What a deal. I can't wait to sell it. I'm told it's real major medical with a $100 deductible.l

Surprised you haven't heard of it.

Rick
Do you have like a clip or PowerPoint I can check out? Also, can I sign up under you?

Back