Assurant One deductible Traditional Plan

That is the only plan Time has that is worth selling. Only question is, is it competitive in your area. Some places it is, some not.

Sell it to any individual/couple without small children, who are not on three or more medications.

It is my top selling product. What I sacrifice in commissions, I make up for in volume. I sell the $5k/$10K 100% plan all day long. Never touch the 80/20.

Very simple to understand: All doctor visits, hospital stays, and medication refills go towards satisfying this one number. Once that number is met, the insurance company pays everything else.

Most insurance agents don't like selling it, because you lose commission.

and if you act now you can get the new mp3 player......

http://www.assurantpromotions.com/

titlesports.gif
[FONT=helvetica,arial]Sports & Leisure has 21 products.
[FONT=helvetica,arial]Displaying Number 1 of 21[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica,arial]Next [/FONT]

[/FONT]
A775.gif
[FONT=helvetica,arial] A775[/FONT] [FONT=helvetica,arial] [/FONT] [FONT=helvetica,arial] [/FONT] [FONT=helvetica,arial]Quantity: [/FONT] [FONT=helvetica,arial]Your Price : [/FONT][FONT=helvetica,arial]39.00[/FONT]
- See Specials -
[FONT=helvetica,arial]Assurant MP3 Player & FM Radio[/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica,arial]512Mb MP3 Player. Back-lit blue display, FM Radio and built-in speaker or use the included HI Fi earphones to enjoy up to 8 hours of WMA (Windows Media Audio) or 4 hours of MP3 music. Can also be used as a digital voice recorder and as a 512 Mb USB drive for data storage. Black Assurant logo on body.[/FONT]

Here's the reason behind my questions. I was told, by Assurant, that the one deductible traditional does not use a network, no negotiated rates, if one wants a network you use one deductible PPO, is this how you understand the contract. I assumed, the plan used PHCS in Tenn, NO NETWORK.

That is correct.

The traditional plan is straight indemnity. No networks. Pays R&C. Providers are not limited on balance billing.

For zip 37203 you have a choice of PHCS or THC for networks (if you opt for the PPO One Deductible plan.

I have never understood why anyone would want a traditional plan. They pay more in premium. They pay more when they use the services. There are virtually no caps on their out of pocket.

You can probably find other carriers that offer non-network plans as well.

That is the only plan Time has that is worth selling. Only question is, is it competitive in your area. Some places it is, some not.

I'm at a loss here Bob between the aforementioned remarks and this comment

That is correct.

The traditional plan is straight indemnity. No networks. Pays R&C. Providers are not limited on balance billing.

For zip 37203 you have a choice of PHCS or THC for networks (if you opt for the PPO One Deductible plan.

I have never understood why anyone would want a traditional plan. They pay more in premium. They pay more when they use the services. There are virtually no caps on their out of pocket.

You can probably find other carriers that offer non-network plans as well.

It seems as though in one comment you endorse the indemnity plan and say it's the best and in the second comment you appear to be against the same plan. Can you or somebody else explain to me the reasoning behind buying an indemnity plan???

GR's standard plan is quite competitive in the states I sell in, however, their indemnity rates are though the roof.... With the exception of being restricted to specific doctors, which in my area, the One Net and PHCS pretty much sum up the market (Northern VA and MD at least). I cannot see the benefit in selling any of the traditional plans because of the balanced billing and higher expenses. Especially considering the size of the PHCS network and it's ties to other networks. Thoughts???

JR -

Try and stay with me.

The One Deductible product is the only product Time has that (IMHO) is worth offering to clients. Ned did not make the distinction in the traditional & PPO product until later in the thread. At that point I mentioned the differences in the way claims are adjudicated which is the only difference in the two products.

Back