Assurant One deductible Traditional Plan

I happen to be on a roll and the wife wants to go on vacation. I explained and reminded her of how in the past when I was on a roll, and we went out of town, I lost the momentum, we should learn from mistakes for a change.
There is so much business out there, so little time. In my 27 years I have never seen a better opportunity to be in this business.

I happen to be on a roll and the wife wants to go on vacation. I explained and reminded her of how in the past when I was on a roll, and we went out of town, I lost the momentum, we should learn from mistakes for a change.
There is so much business out there, so little time. In my 27 years I have never seen a better opportunity to be in this business.

I also believe this is the right place at the right time. Anyone in this biz with a lot of drive can make very good six figure income but like all "right place at the right time" opportunities I think the window is limited. I give it a good five more years before the states start messing around with some type of health care plan. I'm really trying to maximize my income so just in case the train stops I have two things I want; time and money.

The ROI on this is just stupid and the more money you spend the more you make. Small biz owners would kill for our ROI. Basically $120 invested gets me $900 in return.

Question: What does the following mean (from BlueOptions)?

Out-of-Pocket Maximums include the CYD amount, any applicable Copayments and Coinsurance amounts. Any non-covered charges or charges in excess of the Allowed Amount are not included.

Does the bold text mean clients can get balanced billed if they fall out of network? Lets say during a non-emergency situation where some doctors are out of network. And if the clients do fall out of network, aren't they still given a worst case scenaro on the out of network Max OOP. I see this clause in similar words in all MM policies and was just curious as to the real meaning of it. Thanks.

Any non-covered charges or charges in excess of the Allowed Amount are not included.
If it is not an allowable service or excess of allowable amount it does not go towards deductible. This would be on your EOB.

Non covered and excess would apply in network or out of network in my opinion there is no policy that blanket covers "everything".

Ok, let me ask you...If a service is not allowable or if the charge is in excess of the allowed amount and winds up on the EOB, does the client/patient have to come OOP and pay the hospital or doctor for those charges?

And, if so, in or opinion could those charges be tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Last edited:
Ok, let me ask you...If a service is not allowable or if the charge is in excess of the allowed amount and winds up on the EOB, does the client/patient have to come OOP and pay the hospital or doctor for those charges?

Not allowable is just that, not allowed.

Translation - not their responsibility (Insurance Carrier)

Last edited:
Back