Assurant rate decrease

So....? would you sell PacificCare (UHC) or Blue Cross (Anthem-Wellpoint) in CA. both looking at billion $ fines? And would you explain the lawsuit in case your client it in the papers?
:confused:

The UHC & Wellpoint situations are completely different.

UHC is in "trouble" due to claim repricing.

Wellpoint is in "trouble" for rescissions.

The UHC issue is mostly political rumblings. Rescissions are another issue entirely.

I understand. But, would you 1. sell their product, 2. would you tell a client about the lawsuit in case they see it in the papers?

"Individual Medical sales were down 20% compared to the prior year, however, we believe recent turmoil in the market will work to our benefit and allow us to take advantage of our strengths. These strengths include disciplined risk management, broad distribution and a comprehensive product portfolio."

Translation: "We hope to sell a hell of a lot of "Right Start" plans through EHealth and other partners..."

I would assume individual is a drop in the bucket to the overall gross revenue of a company such as UNH.

It is my understanding the individual , while faced with challenges (always), is indeed profitable.

The UNH stock price likely has little if anything measurable to do with individual business.

A properly underwritten and managed block of individual business is highly profitable.

Agreed, because you are not taking on much risk upfront.

Anything pre existing is waivered, rated, or they are declined (varies by state). The only thing you are insuring is something NEW for the most part, and that is very predictible over a large sample of population.

Back