Assurant Rate Increases

dgoldenz

Virginia
Just got one of my client's renewal notices. $5700 OneDeductible PPO with $5k maternity rider. Last year's rate - $283. This year's rate - $386. 36% increase. Where's the media outrage?

Just got one of my client's renewal notices. $5700 OneDeductible PPO with $5k maternity rider. Last year's rate - $283. This year's rate - $386. 36% increase. Where's the media outrage?

That's quite a rate increase. At the pace some of these carriers are increasing their rates the normal deductible will soon be $10,000 in order for people to get the monthly premium amount to fit into their budget.

I got a re-rate notification from GR today. Went up to 709 from about 615. Almost 100 bucks...not as bad as your Assurant one, but it's a sign of things to come.

At the pace some of these carriers are increasing their rates the normal deductible will soon be $10,000 in order for people to get the monthly premium amount to fit into their budget.

That time has been here for the last six months. I have folks "ask" for 10k deducts weekly. Sad but true...

Are you sure it still has the maternity rider?

Back