Assurant Submission

Two days to two months in underwriting. Have one now that is 47 days in underwriting.

Paid weekly.

I just wrote my first few Assurant cases.. What kind of turn around time have you all seen with underwriting and getting paid?

I have had four cases turned around in less than 72 hours in the past 2 weeks. I also have one that is pending for 24 days-it depends on whether they need medical records. If no records you will get a decision in less than 3 days after the client verifies information. The key to all of this is having the client verfiy the information online. John has taught me to have the client do it before I leave the appointment or before the client gets off the phone.

One bottleneck to getting paid is the use of the List Bill-if you have a monthly debit payment set up and it is active by Thursday you should get paid the following Wednesday. List Bills delay the process by 1-2 weeks because no commissions are paid until the check is received and clears.

The new software allows you to complete the short form app on a laptop & submit when you get back to the office. Big improvement although the size of the program makes it terribly slow.

The new software allows you to complete the short form app on a laptop & submit when you get back to the office. Big improvement although the size of the program makes it terribly slow.

If you visit clients an Air Card (mobile Wireless internet, if it is available in your area) is an absolute requirement. It's about $60 a month for unlimited access and has made several sales for me on the spot because I was able to find information for clients that wasn't stored on my computer. It also alllows you to verify their physicians being in the proper network up front.

Well, at least it's not just me. 56 meg file? It's like loading a movie everytime I want to run a quote.

Well, at least it's not just me. 56 meg file? It's like loading a movie everytime I want to run a quote.

John, I told you a computer with more than a 386 processor was needed:D

I have an HP Pavilion with a 64 bit AMD processor (it retails for about $600 now) and I am having no problems with the software. A couple of times I've had to wait what seems like an eternity for the screen to change but in reality it's a second or so.

This forum actually runs slower for me than the Assurant software...

Lol. My problem is I only have 128 RAM. Yes.....I've had the same computer for 7 years. I just can't comprehend getting a new one and having to transfer all my data over.

Back