Assurant to pull out of all quote engines

For your information Mr. SmartyPants, Assurant only pays "advances" direct to its General Agents.

Except that they aren't advances. It is pure annualization, just like life insurance. There is no interest charged, as it is annualized commissions. If a policy doesn't last a minimum of 4 months, there is a 100% chargeback. If the policy pays more than 4 but less than 12 months, a pro-rated chargeback is charged.

You're batting .000 dude :tongue:

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I'm not a GA with Assurant and I get advances/annualization (however you want to word it) paid directly to me (assuming I were to write any Assurant business). So your statement is bogus (there seems to be a trend with you on that).

There's this saying that comes to mind:

Something about, better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Many of us have had our personal battles on this board. The thing is, if you can actually bring something constructive, you'll have an audience. But you've yet to do that.

I think Bob (somarco) said it best when he told you you have wandered into the wrong neighborhood. If you have a beef with GR and don't want to write them, great. But don't come on here talking like you know something no one else does. For what it's worth, here in Georgia, I'd pick GR over Assurant 365 days a year (366 this year).

Word from a source has it that Assurant is done with all quote engines; Ehealth, Quotit, Norvax, Insurit, etc...

No quote engine will be running Assurant by month's end. Anyone can confirm - I'm trying.

I sincerely doubt this. I heard Assurant just recently signed an agreement with Quotit. I doubt they would have gone through all that legal hassle if they were planning on shutting it down right away. That would upset the Assurant agents who just signed on with Quotit, and cause problems for Assurant.

Some talk here about quoting services being good only for agents who dont want to talk to customers. I disagree. I think a quoting service can really help an agent as a visual aid to a telephone sale. Helps the buyer see that the agent has done the shopping rather than just pushing one plan on them. To each his own however.

- Joe

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I'm not a GA with Assurant and I get advances/annualization (however you want to word it) paid directly to me (assuming I were to write any Assurant business). So your statement is bogus (there seems to be a trend with you on that).

There's this saying that comes to mind:

Something about, better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Many of us have had our personal battles on this board. The thing is, if you can actually bring something constructive, you'll have an audience. But you've yet to do that.

I think Bob (somarco) said it best when he told you you have wandered into the wrong neighborhood. If you have a beef with GR and don't want to write them, great. But don't come on here talking like you know something no one else does. For what it's worth, here in Georgia, I'd pick GR over Assurant 365 days a year (366 this year).

Let me tell you something slick. I personally produce over $500k in annualized production (individual) with a variety of carriers. I have been a health agent over 25 years. I seriously doubt you want to get into any kind of psuedo-intellectual discussion with me about the ins and outs of health insurance.

If you don't like what I have to say, fine. Close the thread and keep your mouth shut.

By the way, I have additional comments on your latest revelations:

1. You're not even a GA with Assurant? :D So then you're a sub-agent? :D Seriously dude, that is FUNNY. Well guess what? Your annualization is paid direct to you by the good grace of your GA. It is HIS choice, not YOURS (you little sub-agent) :twitchy: And if you're contracted direct with a RSD without a GA contract, then you A) aren't much of a producer and B) receive any annualization based on HIS approval, which is given on a case by case basis at HIS discretion, not yours. (This authority is vested in General Agents who are contracted direct with an RSD)

2. So you admit to being a sub-agent for Assurant. But in the same topic, you 'dis the company like they're a bunch of nazi's or something. Nothing like being consistent. If they suck so bad, why in the hell are you contracted with them AT ALL?

Me? I'm consistent. Not only do I know G/R stinks to high heaven, I am NOT contracted with them, nor will I ever be.

You? You're funny dude. Seriously. Along with the rest of the wanna be yahoos who think they understand this business. Anyone who would peddle G/R today is nothing but a price whore. ;)

Edit:
Answer this, dufus. If Assurant sucks so bad, why do all of these companies, among many others, offer Assurant exclusively (key word, exclusively) to their customers and members?
-State Farm
-USAA
-American Bar Association
-National Assoc. of Realtors
(this list is infinite--hopefully you get the picture by now, but I doubt it)

Last edited:
Alex I'll take "things that are false for $1,000"

Assurant advances agents also directly - not just GA's and just from that one comment you've exposed that you have not a single clue as to what you're talking about.

This is a decision made by the RSD's on a case by case basis. It is not a general across the board policy of the company. Each RSD is responsible for his own "financing."

Very few RSD's allow financing to anyone not on a GA contract. In fact, I don't personally know of any who do, and there are some who do not allow financing at all, at any level, period.

Yes you're such up to speed pal.

Let me tell you something slick. I personally produce over $500k in annualized production (individual) with a variety of carriers. I have been a health agent over 25 years. I seriously doubt you want to get into any kind of psuedo-intellectual discussion with me about the ins and outs of health insurance.

If you don't like what I have to say, fine. Close the thread and keep your mouth shut.

By the way, I have additional comments on your latest revelations:

1. You're not even a GA with Assurant? :D So then you're a sub-agent? :D Seriously dude, that is FUNNY. Well guess what? Your annualization is paid direct to you by the good grace of your GA. It is HIS choice, not YOURS (you little sub-agent) :twitchy: And if you're contracted direct with a RSD without a GA contract, then you A) aren't much of a producer and B) receive any annualization based on HIS approval, which is given on a case by case basis at HIS discretion, not yours. (This authority is vested in General Agents who are contracted direct with an RSD)

2. So you admit to being a sub-agent for Assurant. But in the same topic, you 'dis the company like they're a bunch of nazi's or something. Nothing like being consistent. If they suck so bad, why in the hell are you contracted with them AT ALL?

Me? I'm consistent. Not only do I know G/R stinks to high heaven, I am NOT contracted with them, nor will I ever be.

You? You're funny dude. Seriously. Along with the rest of the wanna be yahoos who think they understand this business. Anyone who would peddle G/R today is nothing but a price whore. ;)

Edit:
Answer this, dufus. If Assurant sucks so bad, why do all of these companies, among many others, offer Assurant exclusively (key word, exclusively) to their customers and members?
-State Farm
-USAA

So you're a big Assurant producer? Cool - we'll be meeting in a few weeks then.

"Anyone who would peddle G/R today is nothing but a price whore"

Here are a few other statements that make no sense:

The Cubs have won the World Series each of the last four years.

Polygamy is legal in 48 states.

Delta Airlines will be purchased by Motorola

Jbage007.
Following are a few observations on your posts to date.

1. $500,000 per annum, does not and will not make you a "big hitter"
with any insurance company. (This equates to $10,000 AV per week)
A steady agent at best. Taking into account the price of Fortis, this
would not take many application to achieve this amount.
2. A lot of the people on this board did not fall off a christmas tree, they
have been in this business for many years.
3. If you are going to make sweeping statements, you had better have
some back up for them. (Refer to #2), otherwise you will find your
nuts so far up in your body, you'll think you are wearing earings.
4. Fortis pays advances. If you are subject to chargebacks, you had an
advance. No matter what verbiage you choose to explain it.
5. Reason will always achieve more than confrontation.

Just my two cents.

PS. Some people have 25 years experience.
Others have 1 year, repeated 25 times.

Jbage007.
Following are a few observations on your posts to date.

1. $500,000 per annum, does not and will not make you a "big hitter"
with any insurance company. (This equates to $10,000 AV per week)
A steady agent at best. Taking into account the price of Fortis, this
would not take many application to achieve this amount.
2. A lot of the people on this board did not fall off a christmas tree, they
have been in this business for many years.
3. If you are going to make sweeping statements, you had better have
some back up for them. (Refer to #2), otherwise you will find your
nuts so far up in your body, you'll think you are wearing earings.
4. Fortis pays advances. If you are subject to chargebacks, you had an
advance. No matter what verbiage you choose to explain it.
5. Reason will always achieve more than confrontation.

Just my two cents.

PS. Some people have 25 years experience.
Others have 1 year, repeated 25 times.

that was only worth 1 cent :cool:

1. since when is half a mil chicken feed? that is purely individual production dude. and I never said it was all with any one company. on top of group, life, annuity, and a little charity work, half a mil in individual alone ain't shabby, and yes, it gets vp's to answer my calls :GEEK:

2. there's actually a comma splice in that sentence, but you probably don't know what that is. being "in the business" any length of time in and of itself doesn't prove anything.

3. that'll be the day.

4. what's a "fortis"? :twitchy: oh I see. you're trying to prove that you actually know more than I do because you've been around a long time too. gotcha. but it still is not an advance. interest is charged on an advance. income reported to the IRS on an advance is reported on an as-earned basis, eg, month by month as the advance is recouped. "fortis" pays annualized commissions, not advances (at its option, see other posts). if you've really been around that long, surely you've sold some life insurance here and there. what "fortis" does is virtually the same as what new york life does--they annualize commissions. just because it is subject to chargebacks does not magically transform it into "advances".

5. if you'll re-read threads, you'll see that others are confronting me, not vice versa. these are people who sleep with the rooney family at night, apparently. they started attacking me just because I made a general observation about their petty little company. I don't care. truly I don't. I love g/r because they're so easy to replace. god love 'em.

thanks for sharing your wisdom.:SLEEP:

Last edited:

Listen Richard Cranium, you are barking up the wrong tree. Do we want to get into a pissing contest about production? I never talk about what I make. It's pointless and who really cares? Suffice it to say, I make a GOOD living. My renewals on health and trails on assets under management are around 6 figures. And that's without writing any new business.

1. You're not even a GA with Assurant? :D So then you're a sub-agent?

See, there you go showing your ignorance. I'm contracted directly through the RSD in Georgia. No FMO or MGA above me. But who really cares, right?

If I get annualizations through his good graces, I really don't care. I'm at 25% and don't write one piece of business with them. They are not competitive here in Georgia. Unlike you, I prefer to do what's best for my clients and Assurant doesn't fit that definition.

If you've been in this business as long as you say you have, you should know that carriers cycle through. They are competitive for a while when they are trying to gain market share. Back when they were still Fortis, they were a little more competitive. Especially when the MSA plans first hit the scene. They were the only real player in town. Now they suck. If you're in a state where they have been the most competitive for 25 years, then that's the exception and not the norm.

Glad to hear it. Maybe you just don't have a clue as to what GR offers in my state.

You? You're funny dude. Seriously. Along with the rest of the wanna be yahoos who think they understand this business. Anyone who would peddle G/R today is nothing but a price whore

Oh, am I that transparent. I'm a wanna be? I have a handful of carriers that I consistently use. For someone who wants maternity benefits to begin immediately, I use Kaiser. For copay plans, it's Blue Cross Blue Shield and Coventry (more of Coventry over the last year). If it's an HSA plan, either GR or Humana. That's it. If Assurant had competitive rates and a decent reputation in my neck of the woods I'd use them.

It's too bad that you just don't get it. I'd love for you to be here in Georgia and come behind you on every Assurant app you write. I'm willing to bet I could replace the majority of it. I have NEVER been replaced by Assurant.

-State Farm
-USAA

Well that proves they are the best. It has nothing to do with money at all. I have a buddy who has taught several LUTC classes exclusively to State Farm agents. Every single one of them refer their clients to him for health insurance. That should tell you something about the confidence those agents have in Assurant.

Come on over to my neck of the woods and lets go see the same prospects. You present them Assurant, and I'll show them some other carriers. I'll put up $1,000 that says I write more than you.

Back