Assurant to pull out of all quote engines

I still love it and it's still true. People always complain, and do nothing about it, their job sucks, their boss sucks, their wife doesn't suck any longer and they just sit there.

Do the same thing the same way and get the same results.

isn't it time for a change?

Well Web Hosting, VPS and Dedicated Servers by eBoundHost, here's the thing. You bash a major carrier (thats legal right?), you say that all we have to do to figure out what you obviously know, is to read the exclusions of GR policies. You claim to not be able to reference us to something in writing because you have some kind of legal issue going on. Well Sir, pointing out something thats in writing would in no way conflict with or hurt your legal troubles. The only thing that I don't like about the GR plan is the fact that they lump in "problems with the reproductive system" with hernias, hemorrhoids, and such and don't cover them for six months. This gets disclosed with each and every application. They have limits on things like mental health, but they are no worse than some and a lot better with others. People sometimes bash association products because they get around state laws. Well what I can't figure out is why GR covers mental health while being an association, but two pure insurance companies (BCBS & WPS) have absolutely no mental health coverage.

In WI, spine and back limitations do not apply. No limited exclusion for AIDs, mental health at $7000 plus $2000 out patient, limited coverage for TMJ, child immunizations covered 100%, home health 40 visits.

So Bunky, tell me how Assurant is so much better than GR in my state?

So, quit the BS, and if you are so smart just reference the page and the number of the objectionable bullet point, and we will STFU. (I don't spend time on myspace, but I do have a 19yr old daughter) Or you can just STFU and we will all be happy.
:yes::tongue:

Well 007, here's the thing. You bash a major carrier (thats legal right?), you say that all we have to do to figure out what you obviously know, is to read the exclusions of GR policies. You claim to not be able to reference us to something in writing because you have some kind of legal issue going on. Well Sir, pointing out something thats in writing would in no way conflict with or hurt your legal troubles. The only thing that I don't like about the GR plan is the fact that they lump in "problems with the reproductive system" with hernias, hemorrhoids, and such and don't cover them for six months. This gets disclosed with each and every application. They have limits on things like mental health, but they are no worse than some and a lot better with others. People sometimes bash association products because they get around state laws. Well what I can't figure out is why GR covers mental health while being an association, but two pure insurance companies (BCBS & WPS) have absolutely no mental health coverage.

In WI, spine and back limitations do not apply. No limited exclusion for AIDs, mental health at $7000 plus $2000 out patient, limited coverage for TMJ, child immunizations covered 100%, home health 40 visits.

So Bunky, tell me how Assurant is so much better than GR in my state?

So, quit the BS, and if you are so smart just reference the page and the number of the objectionable bullet point, and we will STFU. (I don't spend time on myspace, but I do have a 19yr old daughter) Or you can just STFU and we will all be happy.
:yes::tongue:

what I can't figure out is why GR covers mental health while being an association, but two pure insurance companies (BCBS & WPS) have absolutely no mental health coverage.

Politics and understaffed DOI that don't have the manpower to fully review.

GR pulled out of LA a few years back when the DOI there did not like some things in their policy. The DOI would not even let them renew existing policies.

They refiled (the exact same policy) under a UHC banner and were admitted.

Go figure.

Right. Washington slapped a cease and desist on Mega back in '06 - said their plans did not meet the state mandates. Yet in MD Mega doesn't even come close to the state mandates.

I am sitting in my office today sadly it is raining so I am not real motivated.
I spent the last few hours reading this thread and I truly feel exhausted.
I have a few thousand clients with Time/Fortis/Assurant no wait it is Time. (They have changed their names so many times in the last 15 years it’s hard to say who they are.)
I also have a few thousand clients with GR a few hundred each with American Community, United Security life and Coventry and One with Humana and one with Aetna.
All of the companies have some good polices (as good as any Health policy can be) and all of them have some pretty crappy Charmin.
In my opinion it’s our job to do the best we can for the client. Explain the good the bad and the ugly and let informed intelligent people make informed intelligent decisions.
I have been bent over by every one of the mentioned companies just like every other agent with 20+ years.
Sorry, I am just venting. It looks like there truly is a wealth of knowledge on this board and I guess the question that I have is how we harness this knowledge for everyone’s benefit. Oh wait we are!

hamben

Yeah, it really is counterproductive to get hooked on any one carrier.

Ya know what I'd hate to be? A state farm agent who only has one company to sell (P&C) and when that company's rates go through the roof, all you can do is sit and twiddle your thumbs.

:v_SPIN:

Yeah, it really is counterproductive to get hooked on any one carrier.

Ya know what I'd hate to be? A state farm agent who only has one company to sell (P&C) and when that company's rates go through the roof, all you can do is sit and twiddle your thumbs.

:v_SPIN:

I started in the business with Metropolitan in 1985. They had just stopped being competitive for auto and they lost some good agents. One agent I know walked away from $800 a week in renewals to go work for Nationwide. $800 a week was a whole bunch of money back in 1985.

Nationwide raised their rates later. I lost contact with him, but I can only imagine the feeling he had when he realized that he had only postponed his problem.

There are some advantages to working for State Farm or other similar companies. The training is the big thing. My advice is to learn fast and leave fast if you have the discipline to work without supervision.

Back