Assurant worldwide coverage

Another thing to consider on this topic is political evacuation. It is covered in some of the travel insurance policies and pays if you have to be evacuated due to a policitical situation or if the US government determines that US citizens should leave an area.
Also most major health plans do not have the necessary coverage for exchange students attending US schools or those on a student visa.

Blue Cross is the only one I know that covers like that, for more than 60 days. Went down this road before and Assurant and Blue Cross were the only two that I trusted. Blue Cross covers indefinitely for overseas visits at the out of network rate, but covers everything specified in the policy. Med Evac is a good question, I never asked about that, but I will. Got someone going over seas for two months, leaving this weekend. I'm glad this came up.

Last edited:
All US based policies consider out of country charges as non-par and act as a reimbursement plan.

You pay then file for reimbursement.

None have med-evac, return of mortal remains, air ambulance, translation of medical records, etc.

Back