Assurant

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got a note from a lead broker saying they were exiting the business except for uninsurables. They said Assurant now allows agents to write business in ANY state without a NR license.

Any of you heard about this?

Wish I could. Figured the resident Assurant guru's could enlighten me.

Here is what the email said.

As many of you are already aware HealthIns101.com is no longer offering affordable health insurance leads for anything other than uninsurable leads. WeÂ’ve become General Agents with Assurant health.

Assurant now allows agents to market throughout the entire country while only having to be licensed in 1 state. This has allowed us to stop selling the leads and start selling that prospect insurance.

If you are interested in finding out more information please visit our website www.AssurantGeneralAgent.com or reply to this email. We pay out 20% annualized commissions with incentives to get free leads and more money.

I don't see where it says Assurant is getting out of anything but uninsurables

Nope, the lead broker is only going to sell leads for uninsurables. He is going to write the insurables himself through Assurant.

Perhaps I was reading too much in to it, regarding the non-res license. I do know some carriers allow overrides on sub-agents in other states without requiring the GA to have a non-res license. Maybe that is what this guy is doing. Contracting sub-agents in multiple states and collecting overrides rather than writing direct.

You nailed it. As a GA most states, except for about 4, allow overrides off sub-agents without the GA being licensed in that state. Assurant allows this while companies like Golden Rule don't.

Back