Assurant

Moderate in GA. Underwiting is the deal killer. Everything needs an APS (got 4 on hold now) and everything gets ridered or rated up.

somarco said:
Moderate in GA. Underwiting is the deal killer. Everything needs an APS (got 4 on hold now) and everything gets ridered or rated up.

Exact opposite experience here. Everything gets approved within 4 days, zero APS's, no riders, just CDSs and some rate-ups.

Competitive?

Family of 4: Male 45, female 45, 2 kids, zip 21113. I'll try apples to apples with a $2,500 deductible:

Aetna PPO 30: $693
Assurant: $614
Carefirst Blue Choice (HMO): $988
Carefirst Personal Comp: $291
Golden Rule: $503

So who wins? Carefirst Personal Comp by a country mile. Too bad it doesn't cover doctor visits for illness and has a $500 cap on drugs and only 1 mill in coverage. Second is Golden Rule. But about 90% of my clients have pre-existing conditions and medications which GR riders or takes away the drug coverage. So that's a no-go. Save to say that the only reason GR has rates that low is because the only want the healthiest clients?

On top of that, Assurant allows me to mess with the rates without messing with the benefits - take away the copay and it's now $450. Now I'm under Golden Rule. Go to CoreMed without a copay and I'm at $328. Now I'm almost at the Personal Comp price with far superior benefits.

My last approved deal:

Husband - herpes on Valtrex
Husband - High cholesterol on Zetia and Triclor

Wife - overweight
Wife - high blood pressure on Hyzaar
Wife - herpes on Famvir

Approved in 3 days - 20% rating for the husband with a CSD for herpes. 60% rating on the wife with a CSD for herpes. Aetna and Golden Rule would have declined the wife. Golden Rule would have ridered the high cholesterol and herpes and removed drug coverage.

Back