Assurecor - Anyone familiar with this company?

Corporate Death

Guru
100+ Post Club
Captive of course. I'm coming back into Insurance and have been perusing some companies. American Republic is one (Major Med is their base, then life and everything else), but got a call from these folks today. They want to see me on Thursday.

They provide 40 telemarketed leads per week, to keep you in front of people. They dont want you knocking on doors. They have their own telemarketing dept that generates leads. The leads are Health Insurance (Major Med), but they offer pretty much every product.

Monday is the day to call and setup your appointments (either from home or their office), Tues-Thursday are appointment days, Friday morning meeting and turn in paperwork.

Now, before you go there... I know "pie in the sky". I've sold Insurance before, about 15 years ago, and it never worked out perfectly like that. But with 40 leads, my prospecting is done, and door-knocking (like I'm doing now selling Merchant Accounts) with $3.59/gallon gas is GREATLY reduced. Their leads are based on the zip codes you request.

In Business For Yourself

Can you experienced folks take a look at this and give me your opinions? I know things have changed since I was in the game, but what say you?

Looked at their website;
Advanced Commissions
No Chargebacks

Never heard any company that advances and doesn't chargeback if the policy lapses in the first year. In addition, they don't name any of the companies they represent, another red flag. They are hiring everywhere, google them and see.
My BS meter is measuring high.

I have a buddy that recieved one of their recruiting emails for their office in Memphis. He went to the interview and they basically told him that you have your own personal "dialer" that will dial your leads for you and on Monday you set up these appointments.

He was also told you must put a "deposit" lol for your dailer and you pay a monthly fee for your dailer. Now for the good part they told him yes American National is the lead in company, once in the househould you push United American as hard and fast as you can lol.

The manager told my friend that Assurecor is the cousin of Farm and Ranch Healthcare lol that you will also be appointed to sell whatever is under their umbrealla.

I would flush them down the toliet and run as fast as I can to the Independent line if I were you.

Looked at their website;
Advanced Commissions
No Chargebacks

Never heard any company that advances and doesn't chargeback if the policy lapses in the first year. In addition, they don't name any of the companies they represent, another red flag. They are hiring everywhere, google them and see.
My BS meter is measuring high.

Assurecor - Providers

Here are their companies.

A dialer???? :confused:

SCREW that!! She told me that you could call your leads from their office OR from home. Obviously, I'd be calling from home. I have no intention of paying for a "dialer". I'll definitely be asking them about that.

BTW, American National is not even in their list of providers. I'm interested in their Humana or Unicare, as I want to sell Health Insurance. Possibly tacking on some AIG/AGLA for life, but thats about it. I did notice that they have UA in their list, but thats about it. If they are pressing the United American junk, I'll just take my kiester elsewhere.

Believe me, I'd love to just run out, get licensed, and go independant, but I think that would be a recipe for disaster for someone who hasnt sold a policy in over 15 years, dont you think?

I have a buddy that recieved one of their recruiting emails for their office in Memphis. He went to the interview and they basically told him that you have your own personal "dialer" that will dial your leads for you and on Monday you set up these appointments.

He was also told you must put a "deposit" lol for your dailer and you pay a monthly fee for your dailer. Now for the good part they told him yes American National is the lead in company, once in the househould you push United American as hard and fast as you can lol.

The manager told my friend that Assurecor is the cousin of Farm and Ranch Healthcare lol that you will also be appointed to sell whatever is under their umbrealla.

I would flush them down the toliet and run as fast as I can to the Independent line if I were you.

very interesting... AIG, Illiniois Mutual, GTL, Allianz, Humana.

Yeah, AIG, Humana, and Unicare I'm remotely familiar with (I used to be a debit agent at American General back in a previous lifetime. Decent products). But the others I have to do a little more research on. She did say you could concentrate on whatever niche you preferred. I prefer Health and Life as a package.

Friend,
You have been warned, proceed at your own peril.

:D

Dont worry, I am not committing to anything right now. Hell, I'm not even licensed!
:biggrin:

Just exploring options. Want more face time, less cold-call time. KnowwhatImean? I'll just go to the interview, not commit, of course, then report back on everything I hear from em. Either way, I have to be captive til I get into a groove, maybe a year or two.

So, who knows about the companies they have listed (other than UA, which I already know is a joke, and AIG/AGLA, which is a good solid company)?

BTW, I'm not so sure that a company that is hiring everywhere is necessarily a bad sign. AIG/AGLA is hiring everywhere, so is Prudential, So is NYL, so is......... Thats simply because most new agents dont last. Totally understandable. I'm interested in the reputation of the list of companies they represent, except for the obvious, which will never be sold by me no matter WHAT brokerage I work for. I will definitely be sure to ask them about extra "fees" and other garbage, and how much they hover over my shoulder in the sales process. In other words, hokey sales presentation material and high-pressure crap will never be a part of any sales presentation I'm involved in. Never has, never will.

Last edited:
Corporate, perhaps each office is different I do not know. He was in Memphis I have no idea where you are so maybe that was just his local office. Keep us up to date

Back