Assurity Accidental Life & DI

mtgman

Expert
Is anyone selling this product with good results.
The underwriting is easy or can be difficult.

What type of comm for selling this.

110% is what I give. I know TPAAgent was using it successfully going B2B. They a 24 hr turnaround on e-apps. 2 days on paper apps.

Last edited:
I sell it! Bigger 1st yr. commission but lower renewals. I use it as a last ditch effort if I can't persuade them to take at least a 2 year DI policy. I tell 'em the reason it's so cheap is because a larger percentage of claims are for health reasons than accidents. This sometimes convinces them to buy a real DI policy instead! But something is better than nothing! I like Assurity's Simplified DI with critical illness rider. Better coverage for them, better renewals for me!

Last edited:
On the Accid Death product, depending on if you are an agency or just an individual producer, you could get 123%....but that's only if you are more than just a "one man band". Otherwise, I think 110% is what you can expect.

Thanks Gimp, Justinsane, just saw your posts tonight. I have people tell me to go with assurity and I got an app for them on a simple life case for term, darn thing was longer than a commercial LOC app at Wells Fargo, lol. I must have made 15 mistakes on it. Good thing I got applicant to sign extra pages (I always do that when I have a new carrier), then I found out they would not write him after I already checked with underwriting about his issues, so I just got another app on another carrier. I should have done that to begin with. At least I will get decent paycheck in time for Christmas.

I recall the life commission was same as some of the rest, but I never went any further. I usually try to place the best one for the customer and let the chips fall where they will.

120% - 130% on the Individual side and renewals suck . . .

50% - 75% on Worksite side and renewals in the mid 20's . . .

Only UW is Aids / HIV and some Occupation exclusions . . .

Back