Assurity Vs Colonial and AFLAC

I was just responding to what HomeService said, what he described is an MLM.

While I am not interested in Colonial due to their product line, I have heard nothing but good things about them. I've heard very little, but it has been good.

I know that what I described was an MLM. I even went home and told the wife, "Wow, Colonial has turned into an MLM somehow!" I even asked the manager who interviewed me -how long Colonial has been like this, and he said since this year. I am kind of wondering if he does it with his office- yet the rest of Colonial does not.

No, this is not "office specific" I know a State Manager in one of the southeastern states and he said in January, Colonial wanted to have tremendous growth this year and their strategy is hire the masses and fire the.. well you know.

This manager does not think this is the best strategy but he said his pockets have never been deeper.:D 98% of their new agents are old aflac agents.

I know that what I described was an MLM. I even went home and told the wife, "Wow, Colonial has turned into an MLM somehow!" I even asked the manager who interviewed me -how long Colonial has been like this, and he said since this year. I am kind of wondering if he does it with his office- yet the rest of Colonial does not.

If you are independent, give Allstate Workplace Division a look. Much better payouts, good product line, and a true wholesaler for support (not another agent splitting the already small pie).

No, this is not "office specific" I know a State Manager in one of the southeastern states and he said in January, Colonial wanted to have tremendous growth this year and their strategy is hire the masses and fire the.. well you know.

This manager does not think this is the best strategy but he said his pockets have never been deeper.:D 98% of their new agents are old aflac agents.
Funny how this manager told me the exact some thing- and it all happened in January. I think this is a poor decision by them, just my opinion. But, if it makes them have fantastic growth- good for them. I guess.

I was told that Colonial would save an employer a lot of money, products are better, customer service is better. Seems like the duck has a lot of complaints on the internet, not so many for Colonial?

They do have a 10 year requirement for vesting which I thought was a little much.

Do your research, but know that there is a reason that Colonial wins awards from Benefits Selling Magazine on an annual basis.

I also heard that Colonial offers group health insurance for its agents. Has anyone heard this to be true? Thanks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Colonial offers GI but Aflac does not.

AFLAC recently came out with Group STD which was GI, and also lowered the group size requirement to 5.

Last edited:
I also heard that Colonial offers group health insurance for its agents. Has anyone heard this to be true? Thanks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AFLAC recently came out with Group STD which was GI, and also lowered the group size requirement to 5.
Colonial does not offer group health insurance for agents. They do partner to provide slightly less expensive E&O.

When Aflac purchase CAIC this brought a whole new GI product line into play with unbelievable rates! They are blowing the colonial product out of the water with over 82% penatration!

Colonial Life is based in South Carolina and competes directly with Aflac. If your focus is on disability you will find that Colonial offers several advantages against Aflac - guarantee issue options topping the list, followed by higher income replacement levels. Colonial offers GI but Aflac does not.

Maternity Leave Pay - Security Just in Case

Assurity is leaving the worksite market soon. Aflac is the elephant in the market, but Colonial is more respected in most markets with the broker community and municipalities. I would start my career with AIG if I was new to the market. Several reasons including paid training. Drawback there is their name is mud in the general public.

I don't know about that but Assurity at Work has implemented a policy that you must have a minimum of 5 employees on a particular plan in order to offer it.. so you can't take a small group and mix and match cancer, accident, std, life etc. You've got to have a minimum of 5 apps on each. Plays **** in the 2-15 life market.

No, that is an MLM. The reward is not in selling, but in recruiting. An organization becomes an MLM when the focus moves from selling the product, to recruiting new individuals who recruit new individuals to sell the product.

Nothing wrong with MLM so long as there isn't a fee to join or a fee to earn.

If you think about it - the Insurance Industry has been a MLM since inception. they just call it a Hierarchy with FMO's, IMO's, Idaho's and then the Agents with multiple earning %'s in between them all . . .

Back