asthma attack in 1988 and early family death question

ChrisJK

Hello,

I work for LPL and my clients applied with Lincoln for 750k 15 term.

The wife was rated preferred non tobacco because she was hospitalized in 1988 for asthma. it was so long ago, she feels that this should no longer be held against her. she is 52.

The husbands father died before 60 and was a heavy tobacco user and was in veitnam and korea, and was exposed to agent orange. The client brought up the point that at that time, smoking dangers were not well know and he was rated standard for a fairly big premium increase. he is 53.

My question is, are there any carriers that would not rate them more poorly for these issues? Who should i be looking at?

Thank you.

The wife was rated preferred non tobacco because she was hospitalized in 1988 for asthma. it was so long ago, she feels that this should no longer be held against her. she is 52.

It shouldn't and it wasn't. Preferred non-tobacco is a great rating.

he was rated standard for a fairly big premium increase. he is 53.

What's wrong with standard? It looks like you did your OWN "bait and switch" on the client... so I'd place that on you.

Standard is standard for a reason. Preferred is a DISCOUNT from standard risks for better risks. Rated is worse than standard.

Professional agents only quote standard unless there's a very specific reason not to (like the paramed was done already). Never quote better than standard before a medical exam is completed.

Last edited:
Well this gives me confidence that i do have the best rate. thank you for your respons.

Reactions: DHK
Just tell your client: "Good news! You were accepted under normal terms for your health!"

Start at 6:45

Last edited:
Lincoln is an aggressive underwriter so I don't think the husband was issued standard due to family history. Ask the underwriter. The wife should be happy to get preferred. 95% of my applicant's who think they are an excellent risk have something in their past.

Hello,

I work for LPL and my clients applied with Lincoln for 750k 15 term.

The husbands father died before 60 and was a heavy tobacco user and was in veitnam and korea, and was exposed to agent orange. The client brought up the point that at that time, smoking dangers were not well know and he was rated standard for a fairly big premium increase. he is 53.

My question is, are there any carriers that would not rate them more poorly for these issues? Who should i be looking at?

Thank you.

Out of 16 possible risk classes the clients could have been placed into, she got the 2nd best & he got likely the 3rd best. That is really pretty good considering. You might want to start with explaining when you write someone all the potential outcomes. Then, when you deliver a preferred which is better than most of us can qualify for, you can congratulate them on getting some for less cost than the majority of consumers can qualify for

Back