At First She Didn't Like Me

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
but then she changed her mind.

Lady going on Medicare in 3 days. Visited my site at 1AM. Ran a quote. Immediately received an automated email.

Once the sun came up I sent a personalized email including a link to all the F plan rates based on her zip, county and age.

The email also included a link to my "Welcome" YouTube video.

The next day I called. Got voice mail. Left a message.

A few hours later I get a VERY long 12 paragraph email criticizing my approach. She accused me of pulling a "switcheroo" by showcasing F when my videos suggest other plans, notably G, might be a better fit.

I was told she did not answer my call because she did not recognize my number, and she had been getting SO MANY CALLS she only responds IF they leave a voice mail. But most are never returned.

She also said the opening music in my video scared her dog.

I could go on but I won't.

Eight paragraphs into her epistle she said she changed her mind once she saw my video.

Then she watched several more along with her husband.

They took notes and decided they should talk to me ASAP.

After responding to her LONG email, I promised to call.

Shortly afterward her husband called. We talked for about 90 minutes. I answered all his questions. Corrected some things the SHIP counselor had told them. Then he said, "Sign me up with the carrier you think is best. I also need a drug plan even though I don't take med's. My wife will probably call later".

So I took his application but told him I would wait until his wife called before submitting. If they both use the same carrier there is a discount.

At 5PM his wife had not called. I sent him an email reminding him that I am holding his application until noon the next day before submitting.

An hour later the wife called and left a message.

Sign me up with the plan you set up for my husband.

Calling her back this AM to get her info plus med's.

True dat.

Using YT has noticeably improved conversions. Although I am 100% phone sales I believe agents working F2F can also benefit. More than anything else it conveys that you are a real person.

My videos are not fancy, formal or scripted. Just me and the camera. I address real questions that come from clients and offer answers.

Quite a few people have remarked on how my videos compare favorably with those that are professionally done. To them mine seem more "genuine".

That's not a criticism of others. Just saying there is something about simple but falling short of Cal Worthington and his dog Spot . . .

True dat.

Using YT has noticeably improved conversions. Although I am 100% phone sales I believe agents working F2F can also benefit. More than anything else it conveys that you are a real person.

My videos are not fancy, formal or scripted. Just me and the camera. I address real questions that come from clients and offer answers.

Quite a few people have remarked on how my videos compare favorably with those that are professionally done. To them mine seem more "genuine".

That's not a criticism of others. Just saying there is something about simple but falling short of Cal Worthington and his dog Spot . . .
She probably watched that video that you were in your underwear....that's what changed her mind. :yes:

but then she changed her mind.

Lady going on Medicare in 3 days. Visited my site at 1AM. Ran a quote. Immediately received an automated email.

Once the sun came up I sent a personalized email including a link to all the F plan rates based on her zip, county and age.

The email also included a link to my "Welcome" YouTube video.

The next day I called. Got voice mail. Left a message.

A few hours later I get a VERY long 12 paragraph email criticizing my approach. She accused me of pulling a "switcheroo" by showcasing F when my videos suggest other plans, notably G, might be a better fit.

I was told she did not answer my call because she did not recognize my number, and she had been getting SO MANY CALLS she only responds IF they leave a voice mail. But most are never returned.

She also said the opening music in my video scared her dog.

I could go on but I won't.

Eight paragraphs into her epistle she said she changed her mind once she saw my video.

Then she watched several more along with her husband.

They took notes and decided they should talk to me ASAP.

After responding to her LONG email, I promised to call.

Shortly afterward her husband called. We talked for about 90 minutes. I answered all his questions. Corrected some things the SHIP counselor had told them. Then he said, "Sign me up with the carrier you think is best. I also need a drug plan even though I don't take med's. My wife will probably call later".

So I took his application but told him I would wait until his wife called before submitting. If they both use the same carrier there is a discount.

At 5PM his wife had not called. I sent him an email reminding him that I am holding his application until noon the next day before submitting.

An hour later the wife called and left a message.

Sign me up with the plan you set up for my husband.

Calling her back this AM to get her info plus med's.

Off topic a bit but how do you send a link with all the prices in her area?
I do mostly F2F but once in a blue moon someone calls me from my website and wants a quote by email.

how do you send a link with all the prices in her area?

CSG report, plan F only. Can request any plan if interested.

Send email and link with tracking. I know if they open the email and also if they click the link.

If the email isn't opened, link isn't clicked and they have not responded to my phone call, after 3 days I trash the link and let them know their file is closed.

CSG report, plan F only. Can request any plan if interested.

Send email and link with tracking. I know if they open the email and also if they click the link.

If the email isn't opened, link isn't clicked and they have not responded to my phone call, after 3 days I trash the link and let them know their file is closed.

Lol I have CSG but no clue how to do that

Back