Attention: Independent Insurance Agents/Owners

One2Envy

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and my name is Ronl. I'm located in San Antonio, TX. I have my P&C adjusters license and I'm in the process of getting my agents license to sell P&C& Life. I would like to get my own independent agency going in the near future.

According to alot of posts here on the forum I have become some what discouraged. I see alot of negative comments coming from you guys or girls regarding the business in general. I realize there will be ups and downs just like everything else in life but I must say I'm starting to wonder. Do you enjoy this business? I left the logistics and transportation industry to start this new endeavor. I know someone who is and indy and told me if I work for him he will pay my 50% commissions. Im trying to look at the bigger picture and I wonder if this is going to be a successful transition.

This seems interesting to me and I believe there maybe some "real" income possibilities in this industry. Should I look elsewhere? How did you start? What advice do you have for a noob? All advice on becoming an indy would be appreciated. Please give me some feedback.

Thanks,
Ronl

I am new also, but my uncle has been a agent for over 20 years, and he is making a great living! He showed me alot his checks, and there are money to be made. He also helps alot of newbies break into the business, and they make alot of money. It's a alot of jerks! out there who have nothing but negative things to say, but I ignore them, because if you really would stand back, any profession, there is always someone who will say negative things about any occupation. The reason why there is not alot of positive is, because they are to busy suceeding, they dont have time to post.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MikeLentini I find that picture is offensive and it only shows us what a real scumbag you are! If you ever tried to sell me anything I would run the other way.

P.S You jerk!

Last edited:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MikeLentini I find that picture is offensive and it only shows us what a real scumbag you are! If you ever tried to sell me anything I would run the other way.

P.S You jerk!

I'll second that. Anybody that would post a picture like that is a freaking *** and a disgrace. You are what I keep warning my kids about.:mad::mad:

MikeLentini I find that picture is offensive and it only shows us what a real scumbag you are!

I'll second that. Anybody that would post a picture like that is a freaking *** and a disgrace.

Lemme guess...you guys support Sarah Palin too?

So glad we have some "keepers of the morals". Someone needs to protect us from ourselves!

Are you guys part of the neo-con Christian right, or just don't have any senses of humor?

Lemme guess...you guys support Sarah Palin too?

So glad we have some "keepers of the morals". Someone needs to protect us from ourselves!

Are you guys part of the neo-con Christian right, or just don't have any senses of humor?

What does Sarah Palin or being a neo-con Christian have to do with anything? There is such thing as common decency and a picture of a guy mounting a girl from behind while she is gagged with a gun to her head is going to be offensive to most people.

Even if you like that kind of stuff, most people aren't going to post it as their avatar, unless they are sick in the head.

If it doesn't offend you, then I think you are a scumbag also. At least admit it and fess up to it. I'll admit I'm conservative.

Hows he a scumbag? The 2 people in posing in the picture look like they're having a great time. I mean, noones holding a gun to their heads.

Look at the picture before you comment. He is holding a guy to her head and she is gagged. A little hard to tell if she is smiling with a gag in her mouth.

Look at the picture before you comment. He is holding a guy to her head and she is gagged. A little hard to tell if she is smiling with a gag in her mouth.

Thats a really small guy he's holding to her head. I can't believe noone from Mccains camp has picked up on this picture. Obamas campaign would be dead in the water.

Back