Attire when Prospecting Commercial Clients

Depends upon the type client you are prospecting if blue collar or white collar.

I've had some luck with restaurants lately and am looking to go and stop by all of them in my area. Most of the stuff I deal with is going to be blue collar and I go with a polo and slacks. I just feel like a suit is over doing it.
Just wanted some opinions.

I've had some luck with restaurants lately and am looking to go and stop by all of them in my area. Most of the stuff I deal with is going to be blue collar and I go with a polo and slacks. I just feel like a suit is over doing it. Just wanted some opinions.
. Unless You are calling on white collar I think polo and slacks is the way to go.

Last edited:
Depends if you are in New York City or Small Town, USA. Are you meeting with a one-man garage or a 300-man high tech firm. Pretty simple formula, you should always dress in accordance with your prospect attire and his profession. Dressing to the 'nines' will probably not work for a blue-collar machine small shop. Dressing like you are going to work on your car will probably not work at a 100-man law firm. This isn't rocket science.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll try the wife beater and jean shorts for sure. Ill keep ya'll updated.

Latest posts

Back