Auto Carriers

mariemerganser

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
We have a failry big health, life and group benefits agency in Florida. We have recently hired a new agent who has worked the P & C side for many years. We figured this would be a great extension to our business considering the book of business we could have him work from and our internet marketing. We have been appointed with three Homeowners carriers but have had no luck finding any auto insurance carriers to write. Can anyone give me some insight into the major auto carriers in Florida and then also tell me which of those carriers may be willing to appoint new agents? Thanks.

Hi. It really depends on your target market. My first suggestion would be to check with the carriers that are offering homeowner's coverage because if you get appointed with the home and auto and are able to package the two the customer usually gets discounts for packaging and the carrier is more likely to keep the business. Since you don't already have this I would say to try Traveler's, Progressive, and The Hartford. Please let me know if you have any questions on these. I do claims at an insurance agency in GA and work with over 20 carriers that we represent including the one's I listed above. I will be happy to be of any assistance!

Hi. It really depends on your target market. My first suggestion would be to check with the carriers that are offering homeowner's coverage because if you get appointed with the home and auto and are able to package the two the customer usually gets discounts for packaging and the carrier is more likely to keep the business. Since you don't already have this I would say to try Traveler's, Progressive, and The Hartford. Please let me know if you have any questions on these. I do claims at an insurance agency in GA and work with over 20 carriers that we represent including the one's I listed above. I will be happy to be of any assistance!
OP is in Florida. Not many carriers are selling home insurance in Florida at this time. I'm surprised that OP was able to get 3 Fl home appointments. Try Travelers, Encompass, Progressive.

Back