Auto collision coverage question

ai_newbie

Hello, I have cosmetic damage on my car which is caused by me in an accidental case. There was no other car or person involved in this accident.

It has some deep scratches and some shallow scratches in my car's skin.

Should I report it to the insurance company? Will they take care of the expense involved in it?

If you have Collision coverage and the deductible is exceeded by the estimate then you have a reason to place a claim. However, you should get an estimate first since the damage may be below the deductible and in that case there is no reason to start a claim. The Claim can be started at almost any time prior to having the damage fixed but my view is that if the damage only exceeds the deductible by a few hundred dollars you are best to cover the cost out of pocket and keep your policy out of it.

If you have Collision coverage and the deductible is exceeded by the estimate then you have a reason to place a claim. However, you should get an estimate first since the damage may be below the deductible and in that case there is no reason to start a claim. The Claim can be started at almost any time prior to having the damage fixed but my view is that if the damage only exceeds the deductible by a few hundred dollars you are best to cover the cost out of pocket and keep your policy out of it.

how are you certain it is a collision claim? maybe he knocked over an object that fell on the vehicle or he was having a riot doing something to it:D

"Hello, I have cosmetic damage on my car which is caused by me in an accidental case. There was no other car or person involved in this accident.
It has some deep scratches and some shallow scratches in my car's skin"

What struck the vehicle to leave scratches behind? If it is not Collision with or by an object then it would fall to Comprehensive and my statement still holds true, Get an estimate to correct the issue and decide if it is worth covering out of pocket based on your deductible and how it was caused.

Back