Auto Dialers Banned

Congress has just banned auto dialers to consumers who don't agree in writing to accept such messages. The law takes effect Sept. 09

Congress has just banned auto dialers to consumers who don't agree in writing to accept such messages. The law takes effect Sept. 09

Would you mind posting your source?

The New York Times article I read speaks of autodialers that leave a message. I am not sure if all autodialing will be prohibited. The problem is always that terms such as "autodialers" is poorly understood by those who don't know much about them. Autodialers have been restricted from leaving unsolicited messages under various regulations for quite a while. The article I read only seemed to make a federal law that encompasses most states, such that those states that haven't enacted legislation will be forced to now.

Last edited:
"The measure would also allow consumers to try to block calls from human salespeople"

Now they are calling us HUMAN. Compliments galore. We have all been called worse.

I don't see where this changes much in the b2b mkting. The exception might be the small bus person who only uses a home ph #, and/or a cell phone. Not sure how that would fit into this mix. I guess we will find out plenty more between and 09 before this takes effect.

Rob - that article is from 1991.

Mickey - care to share the source of this information?

Tom

I sell autoblast services and am not aware of any action.

Care to share your source Mickey?

Tom

Back