Auto Enrollment for Medi/Medis is Coming Soon

supersupps

Guru
I was told that in Florida, medi/medi's who are not on a MA plan will be auto enrolled into one on or about 2012. Has anyone from other states heard this mentioned and what are your dates that they will be auto enrolled? This would be bad for business,.

I was told that in Florida, medi/medi's who are not on a MA plan will be auto enrolled into one on or about 2012. Has anyone from other states heard this mentioned and what are your dates that they will be auto enrolled? This would be bad for business,.

That will be GREAT for business. This means that they will have to be on an MA plan and gives you the opportunity to move them from plan to plan if this increases their benefits.

The only thing better (and more intelligent) would be to give everyone on Medicare (and/or Medicaid) a voucher that they can use for the plan of their choice. Want better benefits? Pay the difference.

Rick

You are in CA.. Is this happening there?

And how would you find them besides a mailer talking about better plans for medi/medis. Maybe if all are going to be auto enrolled, the plans will reduce the benefits that now have to entice as folks will have no choice to enroll anyway???

Are you sure that this auto enroll would not be for long-term services only. A few years ago (2007), a few major metro counties introduced a "Star-Plus" program for MQMBs (the poorest of the QMBs), but the M/Ms STILL had the ability to see any doc that billed medicare and/or medicaid. Star-Plus was meant to save the State some $$ by providing in-home services like providers who were paid to babysit an old person to keep them out of a nursing home ( a more expensive alternative) and other services. Many reps were able to demagogue it by telling the M/M that they HAD to pick a MA plan before the State chose one for them not to their liking. I often question the integrity of the HMOs and the people that run them. They are oftentimes wasteful and will find any excuse to not pay for services, not pay my commissions, etc. Working from the clinical side of things at one time, I still believe that a M/M person is better off that way, rather than join an MA for a few extra trinkets and a pair of glasses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You are in CA.. Is this happening there?

And how would you find them besides a mailer talking about better plans for medi/medis. Maybe if all are going to be auto enrolled, the plans will reduce the benefits that now have to entice as folks will have no choice to enroll anyway???

Calif has always been exceedingly generous to its poof folks relative to other states, although I did hear recently that they no longer covered routine dental, only emergencies. Try getting even that in a state like Texas.
Of course, times are changing and Gov Brown & the Legislature really have their work cut out for them to figure out which services to cut.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back