Auto Insurance Companies

Simple105

Hi we opened up a P&C brokerage in NY about a year ago we get are auto quotes true .. But we're not direct
We got told we need about 2 years to get direct with companies like progressive Safeco travelers
Is there any truth to that in is there any way to speed up the proses??
(Cause are rates are higher than are competitors cause there are 2 middle guys who chip commission)

We got told we need about 2 years to get direct with companies like progressive Safeco travelers
Is there any truth to that in is there any way to speed up the proses??

every company has their own criteria as far as appointing agents. a lot of companies will be more interested in what amount you've written in premium vs. how long you've been in business.

my advice would be to visit each carrier's website and apply. the worst they can tell you is "no"..... most sites have a link that says "become an agent". it usually only takes a few minutes to apply to each carrier. just make sure to have someone edit your spelling and grammar before you send it off.

Make an agency resume. Mine is about 20 pages. Include agency philosophy, marketing plans, history, current markets, production & loss ratios, income statement, balance sheets. Etc.

You need to sell yourself and stand out from the competition. Most markets are looking for $1M books and low loss ratios. But for an eager, hungry, growing agency - they make exceptions. Hope this helps.

Are we talking about Berkshire Hathaway, like the people who own Geico or is there another Berkshire?

Hi, I plan to buy a car in SF and I need a full coverage to lower risks. My question is simple: how there specifics for foreign people when subscribing to a car insurance? Ben

For example, if I choose a full coverage (physical damage, liability, collision) will I be charged additional fee as a foreign worker?
Hopefully it's the right place to ask.
Thanks, Ben

Back