Auto Insurance For Soldier

Shane Vic

I'm in the army and currently stationed in Hawaii. Specifically in Oahu. I'm about to buy a used 2014 Ford Mustang. I have an excellent driving record and credit score and the car has a very good history. I'm looking to get full coverage for myself and other possible drivers of my car at a fair price. My question is, will I be better off looking at local insurance companies or try the national chains like Geico or State Farm to find the best deal possible?

There is no single answer to your question, every one is different, every car is different. You have to decide what is important to you.

One of the big things to think about is how are claims handled. If you had to file a claim, would you prefer to deal with "Joes Pizza and Insurance" or something like "State Farm", "AAA" or "Allstate"?

My recommendation is to find a good local broker and let him (her) find you a policy that will work well for you. There are some great carriers out there that you may never have heard of that the broker will have access to. They can help you make sure your coverage is what you need, fits your budget and the carrier has a good claims reputation.

Dan

Go with USAA and call it a day. I am an agent with a competitor and moved my son to USAA because I could not come close to competing. Their rates for service personnel are fantastic

Thank you for your service to the Republic!

I'd say check a broker, State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide, AND USAA. USAA is very good, but they are NOT always the best or cheapest. I've beaten them as much as I've lost to them when comparing for my customer/potential customers.

You will find a few fantastic carriers outthere which you can not know about this the agent is going to have accessibility to. They will be able to let you create certain that your policy is things you require, satisfies your financial plan along with the company comes with a fantastic asserts standing.

Not an agent.

Seems to me that one piece of your puzzle would also be your future service plans and requirements.

such as, how much time is on your current assignment.
Will you stay in and need insurance for additional duty stations.
Will you be keeping the car and moving it with you.
Will the insurance you get work as well on the east coast or in the midwest as it does on the west coast.

And so on.

I don't know the answers to any of those things, but I would think they are things you should discuss with whoever helps you with your insurance.

Back