Auto Insurance Increase - Based on Mistake

speedmonkey

My auto insurance company increased my rates a few months back. I recently found that it was because of a violation on my driving transcript. However, after talking to the good people at the department, we've resolved that this was a mistake and it was removed from my transcript.

- Do insurance companies typically reimburse additional charges after a correction is made clear to them?

- Do I have any hope of my rates going to the previous price given that this was an error?

They most likely won't refund this due to the fact that there was a contract you signed accepting the rates. You best bet it to call the carrier and explain the situation to see what they can to do that or shop around now that its off your record

If the error was caught quickly, then the carrier might refund the difference. If it was there for a few months, it becomes doubtful.

They may correct the rate though. Depends on what the infraction was and what the fix was. Some will, some won't. You have to call your agent and get this taken care of.

Dan

Thanks for the responses. If I can't get any sort of credit, i guess its a good a time as any to start doing around.

Back