Autodialer and 9/9/09

gzpxyj

Expert
Do anyone using autodialer know what to do after 9/9/09? I talked to an autodialer company and they say that you have to purchase the list. The cost will be more. I know quite a few agencies depended on the dialer leads. How much cost increase would be for the list and how expensive to get the predictive dialer leads?

Do anyone using autodialer know what to do after 9/9/09? I talked to an autodialer company and they say that you have to purchase the list. The cost will be more. I know quite a few agencies depended on the dialer leads. How much cost increase would be for the list and how expensive to get the predictive dialer leads?

I will be so honest with you...I don't know and I have one of these dumb things. Everyone you call can't give you a straight answer and I just don't know what to do. So I will check back to see what else the rest of the crew in here has to say. (and trust me they will have a lot to say) It just seems that they don't want small business to make it in the USA.

I will be so honest with you...I don't know and I have one of these dumb things. Everyone you call can't give you a straight answer and I just don't know what to do. So I will check back to see what else the rest of the crew in here has to say. (and trust me they will have a lot to say) It just seems that they don't want small business to make it in the USA.
Seems that we have wait and see. the phone numbers which opt in will be limited and may cost a lot. Normally you would get a list for 2-7 cents per name. For opt in phone number, nobody knows the price yet. That may force us to do the predictive dialer instead of autodialer. That would mean high cost and low efficiency. Let's see what will happen after 9/9/09.
On the other hand, we still can do the mail drop with higher cost than dialer. If you have enough working capital, it is still better to rely on the mail drop than dialer. Just my thought.

That may force us to do the predictive dialer instead of autodialer.

What is the difference?

I'm the old-school dial-it-myself guy (I call small biz who are not on the DNC list) but folks here got me looking at makemycalls.com and magnalogix.com (still not sure difference between them... will call each on Monday) so I'm learning this technology. (Not sure it will work with my Macintosh, but I have an old Toshiba laptop I could use.)

Help with basics is appreciated.... auto? predict? ... and why is Sept. 9th important? Is there a good website that explains all of this stuff for the complete ***?

What is the difference?

I'm the old-school dial-it-myself guy (I call small biz who are not on the DNC list) but folks here got me looking at makemycalls.com and magnalogix.com (still not sure difference between them... will call each on Monday) so I'm learning this technology. (Not sure it will work with my Macintosh, but I have an old Toshiba laptop I could use.)

Help with basics is appreciated.... auto? predict? ... and why is Sept. 9th important? Is there a good website that explains all of this stuff for the complete ***?

Sept 9 Is when we are no longer susposed to use auto dialers to make pre recorded messages to consumers. And to answer your other question no there is no website to help us even the Do not call one or the FCC website gives no info. I have called a few places where the lady says we can still use it and everybody seems not to know:GEEK:

As I read the rules a while back, you will not be able to buy lists of opt-ins, they have to opt-in with you, not with someone else. I know someone will push this envelope a bit and say that the free lunch they gave away at a restaurant gave permission for them to call, somewhere in the fine print.

My suggestion is to drop the robo-calls. They probably are not as effective as you think. You will do better making your own calls, on a percentage basis. Still may not be any good, but hey, it still provides you with this avenue.

Dial them yourself or use a dialer (power or predictive) and go to town. Look at it this way, the rule change will eliminate a lot of the reason people don't answer their phones, they hate getting those robo-calls.

Dan

Seems that we have wait and see. the phone numbers which opt in will be limited and may cost a lot. Normally you would get a list for 2-7 cents per name. For opt in phone number, nobody knows the price yet. That may force us to do the predictive dialer instead of autodialer. That would mean high cost and low efficiency. Let's see what will happen after 9/9/09.
On the other hand, we still can do the mail drop with higher cost than dialer. If you have enough working capital, it is still better to rely on the mail drop than dialer. Just my thought.

If anyone is paying more than 3 cents/record let me know and I can help with that. With respect to the autodialer situation, they haven't outlawed telemarketing yet. I've got a call center and I'm using overseas callers that sound great to basically work like an auto dialer. So far the response rate is better for Medicare products than Final Expense, but both work well in a lot of areas (Florida and Connecticut do NOT work). In areas where it works my lead cost is usually around $20-$25. I've got a handful of agents running them as presets and they've been doing well with them. It's not a one size fits all, but it's certainly something to think about. PM me if you want more info.

Sounds like thats working for you, although $20-$25 per lead seems a little high for over seas leads. Have you thought of hiring your own TMs to work for you locally. I also sell leads from 20-25 each (american reps) just like you are paying for....BUT my true cost to do it with American reps is about 14-18 per lead depending on the state. To be honest I over pay my reps a little too so you could probably do it cheaper. If you work from home that may not work for you to house them but keep in mind that despite the 9/9/09 law change for VB there is still always Hosted Predictive Dialer | VoIP Call Center Solution which allows you to hire telemarketers to work form home on a dialer that you can monitor in real time, barge in on the call if need be, and even get a live transfer from the TM as they get warm leads. The dialer access, unlimmited LD and dialing, targeted data, full set up, training, and support from 300-400 per month (depending on how much data you need).

Telemarketing is NOT dead and NOT all dialers are illegal....we just all have to adapt back to pitching with live reps is all. If any one needs advice, and or help in doing that let me know.

If anyone is paying more than 3 cents/record let me know and I can help with that. With respect to the autodialer situation, they haven't outlawed telemarketing yet. I've got a call center and I'm using overseas callers that sound great to basically work like an auto dialer. So far the response rate is better for Medicare products than Final Expense, but both work well in a lot of areas (Florida and Connecticut do NOT work). In areas where it works my lead cost is usually around $20-$25. I've got a handful of agents running them as presets and they've been doing well with them. It's not a one size fits all, but it's certainly something to think about. PM me if you want more info.

Well I must say I have gotten a lot of good info from this forum. This is a great website and I think that any agent getting started or who has been in the business for some time can get what ever info that they need. All I can say is WOW!

Back