Average Avatar Numbers (appointments/sales)

Macharmon1

Thinking about running avatars. Please go over on average out of 25 leads how many appointments would be set. Also how many sales would be made on average.

You can still use the same formula that you would use for DM leads. You set about 1/2 of what you get back and sell about 1/2 of those.

The "set" and "sell" numbers might increase with experience, but it's a good place to start for a goal. Most agents don't hit those numbers when they first start out, but it's a goal to shoot for and hopefully surpass eventually.

Thinking about running avatars. Please go over on average out of 25 leads how many appointments would be set. Also how many sales would be made on average.

Lots of variables to consider here.

- Are you setting the appointments or do you have a setter?

- How experienced are you or your appointment setter at setting appointments?

- Specific experience with Avatar/TM leads?

What Todd mentioned [setting 50% of avatar leads - or any TM lead for that matter] I think might be a little over zealous especially for a newbie to the industry or if you are passing the leads over to an appointment setter (not impossible though).

I have read from many successful agents on here that they are happy with their TM leads when they are seeing lead/appointment ratio in the 30% range - especially if you are using a setter vs. setting them yourself. :)

One thing to consider is that this business is a numbers game. You can write 15k on 20 avatar and the next week not write an app. The only problem with Avatar leads is by the time you get enough weeks behind you so you can start getting an "average" ... the area will be dried up and you will have to change. Data is becoming MORE and MORE limited for telemarketing. You will have to work a HUGE area, or be willing to go stay in a hotel for this to be a long term strategy.

Also another factor is how much they are getting bombarded. Lets say you are in an area with 100k people in your demographics. And let's say there are 100 FE agents in your area. 98 of those agents are on deals with the bad IMO's with low comp and working cheap tele leads. So the avatars you get are being hit by TONS of agents all the time.

Out of that 100k demographic, there are only about 10k that are still on a data list to be called. So you got 98% of the agents working 10% of the clients.

That is one reason working DM is so much easier for agents. You are not fighting for the same clients as the majority of agents in your area since most agents don't even cough up the money to go on DM.

You also have to keep in mind all of the FE call centers. They are all also calling those same 10k people you're trying to work.

Avatar, TM, internet leads etc. should all be a FILLER to your DM leads.

This is just my honest opinion!

Avatar, TM, internet leads etc. should all be a FILLER to your DM leads.

This is just my honest opinion!

I am definitely for marketing diversification (as you will read in my book ;) )

Telemarketed leads are great for:

- New agents looking to get started quickly
- Agents traveling to a new sales area
- Agents looking for more leads on a light week of DM or other marketing
- Selling over the phone (You need A LOT of folks to speak with)
- Ongoing mix with other marketing efforts to lower your overall CPA

I agree with Benny though, FE agents who can survive exclusively on TM leads are the exception not the rule. Area burn out is the biggest problem. Using live telemarketers vs avatar can help with that (slows the data burnout).

That is one reason working DM is so much easier for agents. You are not fighting for the same clients as the majority of agents in your area since most agents don't even cough up the money to go on DM.

Direct Mail is the best most def - but expensive . . .

Telemarketed leads are great for:

- New agents looking to get started quickly

True. If Direct Mail Leads aren't provided - it can take 3 to 4 weeks to start getting reply cards back on self generated campaigns . . .

Direct Mail is the best most def - but expensive . . .

True. If Direct Mail Leads aren't provided - it can take 3 to 4 weeks to start getting reply cards back on self generated campaigns . . .

So, if they are provided the upline is flooding all areas with DM in hopes of getting a new agent to run them?

So, if they are provided the upline is flooding all areas with DM in hopes of getting a new agent to run them?

I am the person that is always telling agents how important DM is. I don't like teleleads, but I will give you my advice on working teleleads. DO NOT listen to the recordings! It is a numbers game. You have 30 people to call, just call them, get appointments, and then run em. Door knock the ones that don't answer. If you did this, you will definitely make a ROI. How do you know the people that you didn't call aren't just WAITING on someone to call them back so they can get something???

With any type of lead, if you work them hard enough, you will make it. When you find you are working one type too hard to make less than another type of lead that you can work a little easier, then switch lead vendors, or get on DM.

I personally would never pay a lot for leads that cost about $1 to $2 to generate overseas, but if I was going to, I am going to work them to the bone before I told the company they sucked.

I have made it through 12-14 DM leads before without a sale, then wrote 6-8 apps on the remaining DM. The difference is, I didn't give up before I was done.

I am the person that is always telling agents how important DM is. I don't like teleleads, but I will give you my advice on working teleleads. DO NOT listen to the recordings! It is a numbers game. You have 30 people to call, just call them, get appointments, and then run em. Door knock the ones that don't answer. If you did this, you will definitely make a ROI. How do you know the people that you didn't call aren't just WAITING on someone to call them back so they can get something???

With any type of lead, if you work them hard enough, you will make it. When you find you are working one type too hard to make less than another type of lead that you can work a little easier, then switch lead vendors, or get on DM.

I personally would never pay a lot for leads that cost about $1 to $2 to generate overseas, but if I was going to, I am going to work them to the bone before I told the company they sucked.

I have made it through 12-14 DM leads before without a sale, then wrote 6-8 apps on the remaining DM. The difference is, I didn't give up before I was done.

I have a book of business that I work. So I don't do leads to often. Old school for an old guy.

My question to Tom was how does providing DM leads cut down the wait for a new agent.

No - the Company is keeping the pipeline full of fresh leads for the entire field.

The law of large numbers - keep moving and always be closing . . .

My question to Tom was how does providing DM leads cut down the wait for a new agent.

Because the leads are always in the pipeline . . .

Back