Average Comm on Indy ?

Todd Preston

Expert
Hi Friends,

I'm a brand new licensed agent in Fla. and was trying to get an idea on how much health insurance co's are paying these days. I'm gonna keep my day job and do this PT until i get moving and figure where i fit in.

1. I WAS HOPING someone would be so kind as to tell me how much avg. comm. are in the Indy Health Area?

2. Aprox. how much do they advance you and when?

...sure do appreciate the input.

thanks!

Last edited:
Whatever they are paying now is pretty much irrelevant. What they will be paying beginning on January 1 under ObamaCare is relevant and commissions for 2014 and beyond have not been disclosed yet.

Check the healthcare reform topic and also there is a section for each state. I am sure that as soon as your state comp #s are released they will be posted there.

Hi Friends,

I'm a brand new licensed agent in Fla. and was trying to get an idea on how much health insurance co's are paying these days. I'm gonna keep my day job and do this PT until i get moving and figure where i fit in.

1. I WAS HOPING someone would be so kind as to tell me how much avg. comm. are in the Indy Health Area?

2. Aprox. how much do they advance you and when?

...sure do appreciate the input.

thanks!

Where do you live? I can go over your options with Blue Cross of Florida.. Email [email protected]

Whatever they are paying now is pretty much irrelevant. What they will be paying beginning on January 1 under ObamaCare is relevant and commissions for 2014 and beyond have not been disclosed yet.

Check the healthcare reform topic and also there is a section for each state. I am sure that as soon as your state comp #s are released they will be posted there.

So what they are paying now is irrelevant? If i sign someone up next week....that won't count?

I spoke to one rep at Coventry ---which is now owned by Avmed. She said they are paying 12% and 5% on renewal. Got a call into my other reps in the area. Should know soon.

Anyone else know what they are paying?

From what i hear, this Obamacare plan is very screwed up and no one knows what the comm.will be?

So what they are paying now is irrelevant? If i sign someone up next week....that won't count?

I spoke to one rep at Coventry ---which is now owned by Avmed. She said they are paying 12% and 5% on renewal. Got a call into my other reps in the area. Should know soon.

Anyone else know what they are paying?

From what i hear, this Obamacare plan is very screwed up and no one knows what the comm.will be?

It will only count until January 1 then you have to move them to new coverage plans under Obamacare. Anything you sell now is non-grandfathered and must be replaced with compliant health coverage at some point in 2014. You can't keep it on the books at the current commission rate.

It will only count until January 1 then you have to move them to new coverage plans under Obamacare. Anything you sell now is non-grandfathered and must be replaced with compliant health coverage at some point in 2014. You can't keep it on the books at the current commission rate.

Dayum...thanks Dave!

Dayum...thanks Dave!

Spoke to a Rep and they said it was 12%. I guess that would in effect until October.

also spoke with Humana Rep. Comm is 10% first year, sliding after that.

On Avg. what are they paying Now....anyone know?

Last edited:

Good, right to the point. It's really annoying when people keep speculating and making s-word up about commissions under O'care. They haven't been disclosed.

Back