Average premium that you get using internet leads?

I just wrote a $600 (monthly) policy for a couple who found me on here, the day after I posted my phone number, they read the posts about the mini med, specifically. They were paying $1500 a month for their insurance, another agent told them don't bother trying to switch. They got issued today and the Mrs. was nearly in tears when I told her, so I disagree about hiding behind a moniker and not having accountability for your speech/actions!

If you switched them from real insurance to the mini-med, she's really gonna be in tears if she has to use it...

Could be wrong, but I read it like this.

Rob had posted something on mini meds.

Someone saw his post and contacted him.

He wrote them a major med, but at a lower premium.

If so, hats off.

If he swapped a major med for a mini med, then, well . . . .

I refuse to sell mini med plans. I care about what I sell. I refuse to be that voice on the other end of th phone telling that terminal ill client they dont have any coverage.

What is a Mini med plan. Sorry this may be a dumb question, but I am new to the business.

Mike

I considered this transparency issue when I first started posting on the forum. At first it seems like a limited small community, but it is not. All comments are public and lasting.

With that being said, I choose to be transparent. I am what I am. I doubt I would lose too much business for my beliefs or takes on some issues. If I do, so be it.

I referred a potential client to someone on this board the other day. I don't agree with many of his personal takes and beliefs, but I have no doubt he is a knowledgeable professional.

People that are not transparent, so what, I'm good with that. To each his own.

Somarco has $2000 higher average premium for the same cost using shared leads, do what he does!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Interesting

They were paying $1500 a month for their insurance, another agent told them don't bother trying to switch. They got issued today and the Mrs. was nearly in tears when I told her, so I disagree about hiding behind a moniker and not having accountability for your speech/actions!

Good job. I don't write STMs, if the client has any pre-ex. However, that being said, sometimes God protects the ignorant. One of the first STM policies that I wrote on Assurant Health, resulted in an emergency surgery for the client about 2 months into the plan. Assurant paid out 100% beyond the ded., as specified in the policy. I almost dropped the phone, when the client asked me to check on additional claims for him.

Are you writing health insurance in multiple states up North?

Do you have your clients sign off on a document releasing you of any liability of those mini med plans?

I know one legit outfit selling those plans and they have all the mini med/limited benefits plan sign off on a legal document.

and

If you switched them from real insurance to the mini-med, she's really gonna be in tears if she has to use it...

I don't recall seeing a follow up response from Rob.

Horrible
Guess he is unable to justify what he is selling.
Now who is the one hiding?

This is correct. Somarco is good, he saw I used the word policy in my post. It was (and is) a major medical policy.

;)

Could be wrong, but I read it like this.

Rob had posted something on mini meds.

Someone saw his post and contacted him.

He wrote them a major med, but at a lower premium.

If so, hats off.

If he swapped a major med for a mini med, then, well . . . .
Not an STM, an IMM

Good job. I don't write STMs, if the client has any pre-ex. However, that being said, sometimes God protects the ignorant. One of the first STM policies that I wrote on Assurant Health, resulted in an emergency surgery for the client about 2 months into the plan. Assurant paid out 100% beyond the ded., as specified in the policy. I almost dropped the phone, when the client asked me to check on additional claims for him.

Are you writing health insurance in multiple states up North?
I hope you felt clever for a moment. I actually forgot about this thread, since I don't live on here, I actually work sometimes.

Horrible
Guess he is unable to justify what he is selling.
Now who is the one hiding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back