Average premium that you get using internet leads?

Yes, Time/Assurant, I'm sorry I assumed most of you would realize that, my bad. Not sure how competitive they are in Texas though.

What was the carrier you're talking about? There is a company out there that was started by supposed former Assurant big wigs with similar designs, can't recall the name.

I just ran across a potential client with a decreasing deductible plan. I have never seen a plan design like this.
I have never heard of this carrier either and it looks to be association type plan out of Texas.

What carrier did you put them with?

The decreasing deductible has been around for a while. It surfaces every few years, usually from fringe carriers on their way out which is why I am surprised that Time is using it as a lure.

Got a call from a Time HO rep last week. He said GA was the #3 state for sales.

I find that hard to believe, even when he says 40% of their sales are Right Start/Save Right.

Usually the only time I run in to Time is when someone bought from their SF agent. I know a couple of IMO's that heavily promote Time, at least one has connections with some associations.

They use gimmicks to sell the plans, including RS/SR by loading up on the ancillary benefits like accident, DI, CI riders.

Time sells a lot of STM plans as well.

They used to be a consistent, competitive carrier. I can't figure out why they are still around, peddling such overpriced, gimmicky products.

I've heard they (Time) are way over priced in GA, among other states, while in some states of course they are very competitive.

The Right Start!??!? Ugh.:no:

I was paid $142 for my time in a deposition on that case.

Perhaps I should have held out for more . . .

So . . . is Rob your bitch?
Ask fast. They have already asked us to settle the case before the court rules on our motions for Judgement As a Matter of Law and a new trial. We are meeting with them and the Magistrate Judge this week.

The Court struck their expert's testimony in the middle of the trial as being unreliable and unscientific. Apparently, the Court didn't believe that 3500 out of the 3.6 million leads they got during those 9 months could make a difference either. The problem was that the jury had already heard it for two days and didn't disregard it as told.

They did a good sales job though. The case was tried in Denver and they home-cooked us good. Lot's of talk how great a place Netquote is to work and of crying employees and widespread panick when 13 leads every 24 hours came into their system in the middle of the night. If you understand the lead business, it was comical. If you are a jury of layman, you don't know the difference.

We will do better if we have to retry it or appeal, if necessary.

Back