Average Quote Volume You Do a Month

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
Would love to hear some quote volume numbers you actually do a month/week on average and if you are independent or captured? Personal lines.

We are usually around the 120 quote a month mark. March we have done 129. I haven't checked our close ratio but anytime we quote 90 or more a month we usually write 60k the following month. We did 180 quotes last August and had a big September. 1st quarter this year we have yet to have a huge month but we have been at 60k each month. Slightly down from last year at the same time . We are independent and we are probably 90% homeowners

We are usually around the 120 quote a month mark. March we have done 129. I haven't checked our close ratio but anytime we quote 90 or more a month we usually write 60k the following month. We did 180 quotes last August and had a big September. 1st quarter this year we have yet to have a huge month but we have been at 60k each month. Slightly down from last year at the same time . We are independent and we are probably 90% homeowners

Interesting. Would you consider that high volume for an Indy agent in P&c?

Interesting. Would you consider that high volume for an Indy agent in P&c?

Its probably slightly above average for an agency focusing mostly on homeowners. We only have 4 people in the office so its pretty high volume for us. But then again we dont spend money on advertising (or very little) and our overall expenses are very low. Everything we get comes from word of mouth.

During the home buying months we get up to the 85-95k mark. I think 2016 we averaged right at 75k a month for the year. But for homeowners we have 12 different admitted companies and a couple surplus lines companies that are very competitive so there are not many instances where we get beat on price.

As an indy with 2 agencies...

Non standard, about 40 quotes a month, close about 30, lose about 29 the next month.
Standard/Preferred, about 100 quotes a month close about 75 retain about 75% to the carrier @ 12 mos, and 90% to the agency @ 12 mos. about 15% rewritten to another carrier within the agency.

We are in a smaller town so this will be skewed a little from metro area agents and other states of course.

As an indy with 2 agencies...

Non standard, about 40 quotes a month, close about 30, lose about 29 the next month.
Standard/Preferred, about 100 quotes a month close about 75 retain about 75% to the carrier @ 12 mos, and 90% to the agency @ 12 mos. about 15% rewritten to another carrier within the agency.

We are in a smaller town so this will be skewed a little from metro area agents and other states of course.

How do you make any money in your non standard agency? Do you charge broker fees?

No broker fees... I exaggerated a little, its closer to about 25 % cancel next month and 60% retention at the 1 year point. Regardless, its not designed to be a profit maker, just as a referral source for non standard business to keep it out of our preferred agency. As long as i make more than I lose, and I do, its a win win.

No broker fees... I exaggerated a little, its closer to about 25 % cancel next month and 60% retention at the 1 year point. Regardless, its not designed to be a profit maker, just as a referral source for non standard business to keep it out of our preferred agency. As long as i make more than I lose, and I do, its a win win.

For states where it is allowed, broker fees are essential for non-standard business. For other states, some agents find ancillary products to sell in addition to the auto.

Latest posts

Back