Aviva Indexed Universal Life

Interesting, thanks.

I dont really think that an IUL should need a no lapse guarantee.
An IUL should be bought for someone who is CV focused with the policy, so the policy should be overfunded as much as possible. A max overfunded IUL should get you to 121 on the guaranteed side anyways.

Aviva doesnt give a min guaranteed crediting rate... am I correct in saying this??
If so, the NLG makes sense I guess.

They have a different product called Guarantee UL Solution that has a fixed crediting rate and NLG. I would guess the Advantage Builder just has the potential to accumulate more cash, but I'm sure accessing the CV would change the guarantees, so it doesn't really help unless you cash out all at once or the client understands exactly what will happen if they start taking loans against the policy. The Guarantee UL Solution is a lot easier to explain to a client, haven't run both side by side to see the projected differences in performance though.

I dont really think that an IUL should need a no lapse guarantee.
An IUL should be bought for someone who is CV focused with the policy, so the policy should be overfunded as much as possible. A max overfunded IUL should get you to 121 on the guaranteed side anyways.

I agree with this. If I am presenting an IUL, it is for those focused on building cash value. The IUL's I place are mostly overfunded as well.

I agree with this. If I am presenting an IUL, it is for those focused on building cash value. The IUL's I place are mostly overfunded as well.

Even if you normally use it for building cash value, the Advantage Builder product is almost always the lowest priced no-lapse UL on the market.

Aviva's IUL products offer a 2% minimum guarantee actually. The way that it works is that if you are in the 1 year pt. to pt. strategy this is a 5 year bucket and they would look back at the end of the 5 year period and if the policy did not have at least 2% rate using the index then they would credit it at 2% for that year.

We have had trouble dealing with their new business processing since I am not totally convinced they understand the brokerage model vs. the agency model, but their products are decent and they have some nice features like the NLG product, the table shave program and the Wellness for Life rider.

Aviva's IUL products offer a 2% minimum guarantee actually.

We have had trouble dealing with their new business processing since I am not totally convinced they understand the brokerage model vs. the agency model, but their products are decent and they have some nice features like the NLG product, the table shave program and the Wellness for Life rider.

Be sure to understand their brokerage contract. They canceled mine because I didn't sell a policy for 12 months.
-AC

Be sure to understand their brokerage contract. They canceled mine because I didn't sell a policy for 12 months.
-AC

I know several carriers that have been doing that because of the high cost of renewing appointments, etc. in various states. It seems to be more common since the economy went to crap a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back