Avoid Mailing AARP Membership Checks!

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Here's a quick tip based on something that happened to me this month.

I have a T65 client who enrolled in a UHC Med Supp but no AARP membership and wouldn't enroll in AARP online by credit card due to privacy concerns so gave me a check.

I faxed in the app with a copy of the check and application, mailed in the AARP enrollment with the check the same day (March 21st).

It never shows as an in-process enrollment and call after two weeks (it is July effective date so plenty of time) and am told they are waiting for the AARP membership number from AARP.

Another 10 days go by and still nothing so I call back and am told the same thing plus they won't reach out to AARP for the number. I then go to the AARP agent site, get the membership number, call back UHC and give it to them and am then told it will take 7-10 days for it to be processed.

Moral of this story is that if you have a client who won't do the AARP membership right away, mail in the AARP enrollment, get the membership number, and then have the client sign and submit the application, it is far easier :goofy::goofy:

Whenever Membership is needed I mail app with membership check together in their self addressed envelope, This is what I was told by FMO when I started never to Fax when doing membership together.

Doing this I never had an issue and I have always been able to get 1st of the month effective date even when app is mailed on the last day of the month

I have a better solution, don't write anything ARRP period. I don't and I've never once had this membership problem.:yes:

vic, that's a very good tip from your upline, if I ever get another one like this it's exactly what I will do

It's tough not to write AARP/UHC when they have the lowest rate, unfortunately. Most times when I do these we do the AARP membership online in two minutes and just put the membership number on the app and it processes in a couple of days.

The only time you can fax a Med Supp to UHC is if your client is already an AARP member and you have not collected a check for the membership fee or the first month's premium.

----------

I don't like working with UHC as an agent but I cannot ignore their competitive rates as well as their rate stability.

Or you could move.

I did I live in TN but I still have steady flow of referral's in NY and a few in FL & few referral's in MI Although I have not marketed any of those states in couple years.

I do most of my buis in ILL,IN NC, SC & TX In these states I do maybe 2 or 3 AARP supps a year

And there you have the problem.

I know it's a problem, that's why I started the thread as a time saver for anyone else who finds themselves in the same situation. I've been doing Med Supps for 5 years and it's the first time for me

Back