Avoiding the Wealth Tax

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Client got a letter from SSA letting congratulating them on making so much money in 2011. As their reward, they are obliged to make a revenue contribution to the Treasury in the amount of $66.60 each month in addition to their Part D premiums.

If he drops Part D for 2013, is he still obliged to make the revenue contribution for 2013? My guess is no.

But, if he picks up Part D next AEP for 2014 will he pay an LEP for the 12 months he could have had Part D but didn't?

Client got a letter from SSA letting congratulating them on making so much money in 2011. As their reward, they are obliged to make a revenue contribution to the Treasury in the amount of $66.60 each month in addition to their Part D premiums.

If he drops Part D for 2013, is he still obliged to make the revenue contribution for 2013? My guess is no.?

you guessed correctly!

But, if he picks up Part D next AEP for 2014 will he pay an LEP for the 12 months he could have had Part D but didn't?

yes.........................

Last edited:
Wow. That makes me 2 for 2. I probably should go buy a lottery ticket before my luck runs out.

Back