B to B results

I believe that's what Miller is referring to Paul - you're just supposed to do only one system and that's it. So now on top of whatever marketing you're doing you now want to speak at engagements. If I'm reading Miller's post correctly that's a mistake. Don't speak at any engagements and simply stick to whatever method you're current using to get leads. Am I right Miller? Should Paul be out of the house speaking at engagements and exploring new ideas? Please clarify your position.

Well it's a free board and if you disagree with my posts you're always feel to simply skip them.

I think what the guy whom you are responding to here is saying John is that you try lots of different approaches (tactics) and strategy. PERSONALLY I think that is GREAT.

In the last year you have preached each of the following as the 'holy grail" of insurance marketing (in no particular order):

1. B2B
2. Your own dialing for dollars from go-leads
3. Internet leads
4. Contracted tele-marketers calling (Jami, et.al.)
5. Employee (W2) tele-marketers calling for you
6. Gary's automated dial-out service
7. Community activity (events, C of C)
8. Vimo real-time leads
9. Local media adv.

The only thing you have not 'preached' is direct mail.

Now you are 'back' to the out-and-about B2B approach.

Like I say, I find your approach fascinating. I'm not of the "follow one track all the time" school. But then again I don't know what I don't know after only 2 years in this biz compared to you and Rick, James, Chumps, Salepro, Dave F., TX, STI and a whole host of others.

I think your detractor here just gets 'confused' by your eclectic approach. What is interesting is that you have had success with each and every one of the above. The lesson I take is that you have to do EVERYTHING, not just SOMETHING to be highly (6-figure yr.) successful in this biz... the way you are.

So my hope (I'm hardly qualified to give any advice here) is that you continue being "our" marketing guru and trying, trying, trying different things and letting us know how they work for you. With your boundless energy and your unlimited interest in finding successful marketing methods, you are to me one of, if not THE, most valuable asset this board has.

I'm a fan.

Of course I don't know $#@^& :D

Stay around... don't leave again. We missed you.

Al

Lol. The point I guess I'm trying to get across is many, many forms of marketing work and they work with very nice results. Ok, so I'm ADHD when it comes to marketing and one week I don't mind being on the phone and the next I'd rather go out B to B.

No one should get upset at what another agent does to get leads and I tout any method of marketing that actually returns results. That's why you'll never heard me talk about postcard mailers - they don't work.

What does work:

1) B to B
2) Buying leads
3) Vimo transfers
4) Local marketing
5) Making calls yourself
6) Hiring telemarketers

They all work. However, I personally get bored to death with any particular method and simply like to combine them. I put out doorhangers last week - been doing that off and on for 3 years now. Months will go by when I won't put out any, then I'll slap up 1,000.

I really don't mean to confuse anyone - that's not my intention at all - just be aware of what's available to you for marketing. And yes, I'm the perfect guinea pig for a variety of ideas.

That's why you'll never heard me talk about postcard mailers - they don't work.

Not true.

Postcards are one my highest ROI marketing items.

There are soooo many variables that come into play, it's very difficult to be black and white that somethng does or doesn't work.

Direct mail of any kind has two important variables;

1) the list
2) the offer

Well then I need some help with it. I've mailed out over 5,000 pieces total in the past and received horrible returns. The very few (VERY few) who did reply were tire kickers.

If there was any way I could design a successful mailer campaign to small businesses I would absolutely add it to my bag of tricks.

Well then I need some help with it. I've mailed out over 5,000 pieces total in the past and received horrible returns. The very few (VERY few) who did reply were tire kickers.

If there was any way I could design a successful mailer campaign to small businesses I would absolutely add it to my bag of tricks.
I had the same experience with health insurance. Mailed something like 8,000 pieces. The only return I received was bad addresses.

I received exactly ZERO response. Hard to believe. You can send out 1,000 blank cards with only a phone number and someone will reply.

However, I do send out mailings with reply cards for Med Supp. By choosing the right logistics (age, income, etc), I am receiving a 2-3% return without promising anything other than lower prices.

Rick

OK, I'l bite...three questions then...

What % return did you get?
Who did you mail it to?
What was the offer?

"The DM Consultant"

My return was half of 1% - .05% so out of 5,000 mailers I got around 25 leads - closed two deals, both singles with low premiums. Probably $3,000 AV total at 20% = $600. At 40+ cents a pop 5,000 mailers are $2,500. Big ass kicking.

I mailed them to small biz owners in MD with 1-4 employees and had a decent list - very few returns for bad addresses.

My offer was pretty simple - new health insurance plans and rates for individuals and families - save 30% or more with my website and phone number.

Horrible return.

I think a lot of this can be very market specific. I had an agent friend ask me for telemarketing advice in Phoenix - claimed he couldn't get leads to save his life.

So I put my best current marketer on it - consistently pulled 3 to 4 leads per hour for me for months. I gave her a Phoenix list. She called me three hours later - wanted to know if she had to continue calling because after 3 hours she only got 1 lead.

I've done B to B all over MD with decent success. I went into a particular city about 2 years ago and got man handled. Just a complete ass kicking. I was there B to B for 4 hours and 2 leads. Why? Go figure - who knows.

My return was half of 1% - .05% so out of 5,000 mailers I got around 25 leads - closed two deals, both singles with low premiums. Probably $3,000 AV total at 20% = $600. At 40+ cents a pop 5,000 mailers are $2,500. Big ass kicking.

Yes, this is about average for this type of mailing...

I mailed them to small biz owners in MD with 1-4 employees and had a decent list - very few returns for bad addresses.

Aha! Now we're gettin' somewhere. People that buy IFP are a very small part of this universe. Many are covered by spouses, Medicare, go to the VA, or simply don't buy.

A couple of years ago, I was sunning myself on the lanai, fanning my cojones and enjoying a cool libation. I though how easy it would be if you could purchase a list of people that buy IFP. Problem is - none exists! So what do you do? You make your own! This pulls an 8-12% response - consistently.

My offer was pretty simple - new health insurance plans and rates for individuals and families - save 30% or more with my website and phone number.

Simple is good. BORING is bad. This offer is a snoozer that is just like everyone does. Try this on for size: "My Clients Have A Hard Time Deciding How To Spend The Money After They Save 23% On Their Health Insurance". Directing to website is great. Better, more powerful, motivating offer is needed. Recommend picking up a copy of Dan Kennedy's " The Ultimate Sales Letter". All his stuff is priceless.

Horrible return.

I think a lot of this can be very market specific. I had an agent friend ask me for telemarketing advice in Phoenix - claimed he couldn't get leads to save his life.

So I put my best current marketer on it - consistently pulled 3 to 4 leads per hour for me for months. I gave her a Phoenix list. She called me three hours later - wanted to know if she had to continue calling because after 3 hours she only got 1 lead.

Be careful about rationalizing. Ruthlessness is needed in evaluating any kind of marketing. GOOD marketing works ANYWHERE!

I've done B to B all over MD with decent success. I went into a particular city about 2 years ago and got man handled. Just a complete ass kicking. I was there B to B for 4 hours and 2 leads. Why? Go figure - who knows.

Hope that helps...off for a swim!

Back