B2B Telemarketing Scrpt

eprodigy,

I started out asking business owners if they are interested in saving 30% or more on their coverage. Very few ever said yes. So I changed it up a bit.

Me: Hello mr. owner, I was wondering if you might help me out for a second?

Prospect: What do you want?

Me: I was calling to ask if you were concerned about the high cost of health insurance?

Prospect: Yes, I have been thinking of shopping for less expensive coverage.

Or

Prospect: Not really

Me: So you're content with what you are paying even though you could save 30% or more???

Prospect: What do you mean?

Me: If you provide me with your age and zip I will give you a "FREE" quote that can save you 30% or more.

Prospect: OK.

I have never been a fan of telemarketing but now without having many resources to turn to I really don't have a choice. My plan is to continue telemarketing until I can start generating enough referrals to work strictly on a referral basis.

I hope this answers your question.

Also. I am working my website leads for life insurance. I've had better than expected results. 51 visits in 4 days, 12 leads and 4 apps. 1 with a $3,600 yr premium. Total cost for the leads $350, expected commissions $5,100. However, $3,600 is not normal for this type of lead. Most are term policies with an average of $500 yr premium.

AngelP,

Our stats show that your avg. NAP for internet life leads should be between $800 and $1200. Good job on the $3600. That will bring your averages way up. Are you able to visit all of your website leads?

If you provide me with your age and zip I will give you a "FREE" quote that can save you 30% or more.

Isn't that a rather strong statement which you may not be able to fulfill. I think saying, .....may save you 30% or more. I know it is semantics, but you are sticking your neck out by stating that you can. Otherwise, it is a pretty good script.

ims01,

No I am not visiting all of these leads. That was my original intention but It wouldn't be cost effective to travel to Sacramento from Torrance (South L.A. area) to write a policy. So I sent an app via mail and call to follow up and walk the prospect through the process.

arnguy,

You are absolutely right and that is the way it is written on the script. I did'nt stick to the sript when I described it.

I must have missed the thread on 30% savings. Please tell me how I may achieve this for my prospects.

If you do not know "how" to potentially save a client 30% YOU SHOULD NOT BE SAYING YOU CAN because you'll like an *** when a prospect asks you....how can we do that?... you'll lose all credibility.

The answer to your question is to find out what the person is currently paying and multiply that by .7 THEN see if you have any plans that meet their needs and will pass through underwriting.

If you do not know "how" to potentially save a client 30% YOU SHOULD NOT BE SAYING YOU CAN because you'll like an *** when a prospect asks you....how can we do that?... you'll lose all credibility.

The answer to your question is to find out what the person is currently paying and multiply that by .7 THEN see if you have any plans that meet their needs and will pass through underwriting.

Well, I'm NOT telling my clients I can save them 30%, thank you for your concern. ;) But I am fairly new to health insurance. Is there really that large of a spread between comparable plans offered by humana, aetna, united health, assurant, bc/bs, kaiser, etc...? 30% seems like a large spread between companies. Is there something else going on here?

My initial thought on how to lower ER costs is to raise the deductible and bring in a medi-bridge plan.

Well, I'm NOT telling my clients I can save them 30%, thank you for your concern. ;) But I am fairly new to health insurance. Is there really that large of a spread between comparable plans offered by humana, aetna, united health, assurant, bc/bs, kaiser, etc...? 30% seems like a large spread between companies. Is there something else going on here?

My initial thought on how to lower ER costs is to raise the deductible and bring in a medi-bridge plan.

Health premiums go up drastically after 2 or 3 years, basically you're selling the need to go thru underwriting again to achieve lower rates. Basically, all health carriers after so many years attempt to force everyone off the books to go thru underwriting again. Which isn't bad for the agent if you prepare your client for this ahead of time, plus once you find out about a rate increase you simply contact your clients and let them know their choices. Just think of it as flipping your clients every so many years to achieve a new commission for yourself.

I must have been thinking about a different person. My apologies.

Yes there is a spread amongst carriers and plans. Compare a Max Plan w/ copays to a One deductible Plan w/ 100% and see what happens or something similar with GR, Aetna, etc.

ER costs do not matter since most expenses go towards the OOPS, with the exception of the annoying Emergency Room visit that some carriers charge.

In most cases you'll either be reducing their OOPM, eliminating costly add-ons (copays, hospital expensive coverage, etc.) and replacing with a HDHP or a similar plan that is cheaper (very rare).

Back