Background Check

rnoinsgal

Expert
Nevada
What do most insurance companies require for a background check? The current one I am captive with required 10 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
You are right :yes:. I was just wondering what the average is. I will take the weather report. Having a party this weekend and would like to know where I should hold it, in the house or on the patio.

Last edited:
Any one here know how long the look back is with UHC/AARP MAPD for background these days? Know from experience? I know it use to be 10 years for bk's and things like that. How about for misdemeanors ie: Disorderly Conduct, 10 years, 7, 5??

Any one here know how long the look back is with UHC/AARP MAPD for background these days? Know from experience? I know it use to be 10 years for bk's and things like that. How about for misdemeanors ie: Disorderly Conduct, 10 years, 7, 5??

Are you asking about their look back or how long will it show on your credit report? Chapter 7s stay on your credit report for 10 years but carriers usually only care about the last 2-5 years. If the misdemeanor is over 5 years you can try and get it expunged from your record so they wouldn't see it anyhow. If they are just petty items and over 5 years you shouldn't have a problem with an upfront explanation.

Are you asking about their look back or how long will it show on your credit report? Chapter 7s stay on your credit report for 10 years but carriers usually only care about the last 2-5 years. If the misdemeanor is over 5 years you can try and get it expunged from your record so they wouldn't see it anyhow. If they are just petty items and over 5 years you shouldn't have a problem with an upfront explanation.
I had a misdemeanor battery charge from 31 years ago after I beat the hell out of my now ex slut's boyfriend. I pled nolo contendre and on almost every contract I've filled out, I answer yes and give the details when they ask, "have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor". Not every company asks it that way. I've only had one company turn me down because of that out of more than 50. :rolleyes:

Back