Backlinks: Manual or Automated?

YouGotMyMoney

Guru
5000 Post Club
I've seen talk about xrumer and scrapebox on seo forums.

Is it safe to use these tools correctly or is it better to manually build back links?

I would search the back links for any of your competitors that are on the first page - then you tell me whether or not you think they're back-linking manually. You know the answer.

Is it safe to use these tools correctly or is it better to manually build back links?
No really if you don't fully understand what you are doing. I don't understand for 100%, so I don't use. There are too many variables. Remember that you are "white hat" or at least "greyish" one, so you have to have predictable results.

IF you're going to use those type tools, don't point them at your main site if you have any fear that your site could get delisted or sandboxed.

Point them at things that point at things that point at your main site.

Here's what I've learned. I don't believe that google is going to sandbox you for using an automated system. By the same token, I don't believe those styles of links will help you either. What I've learned from Dave Miller is that it's all about quality content. I've followed his advice for the past year, not worried about back links (follow or no follow), and I am ranking in the top 5 pages of google including the first page for my statewide keywords. Slow and steady wins.

Content is important. Quality is important. Quantity is important too, and does cause your site to gain with google, even if it is just a ton of trash back links.

The people that I speak to that do affiliate marketing basically claim that the correct strategy is to do a combination of things, not just focus on content, or focus on links, etc. If you put all your eggs in 1 basket you're really gonna get crushed by google sometime because of changes in algorithm.

I would search the back links for any of your competitors that are on the first page - then you tell me whether or not you think they're back-linking manually. You know the answer.

It's a good point.
But I wouldn't suggest you using these type of tools, you will get penalized sooner or later

...or never? Reading the recent stories about major corporations that engaged in these backlinking tactics it's telling that in each case Google didn't catch any of it. They were only "punished" by Google when someone narced them out.

First off, it is ok to use them, but you have to take into consideration a few things.
1. Domain Age: Old domains can withstand getting sandboxed if you blast many links, whereas a new site will get sandboxed and their google dance could be longer.
2. When did you post your content? Give it a good week to two weeks before linking to it.
4. PROXIES!!! You need good proxies, VPN's will do, that way you don't leave a footprint.
5. Minimize footprints.

Footprints can be lowered by using different anchor text, and using 2.0 sites. Don't create a linkwheel anymore, what you want is a linkpush or pyramid. Blast your 2.0 sites with many links and that will take the heat off your site.
Also, its better to manually post on higher pr sites, and autoblast on lower pr sites. Don't only link to high pr sites, link with lower ones to, to minimize your footprint.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
...or never? Reading the recent stories about major corporations that engaged in these backlinking tactics it's telling that in each case Google didn't catch any of it. They were only "punished" by Google when someone narced them out.

Yep, and these idiots were too greedy and or stupid. Probably left a big footprint, and got their proxy info wrong.

Last edited:
Part of the problem is if they start punishing people, that's even better for fake linkers, all they have to do is point the links at their competitors then turn them in, voila, they're at the top.

Back