BACON IS FOR CLOSERS...

The squats I was referring to were “body weight” calisthenics, not weights. Matt and Lee had it with the jail yard references. I’m looking to gain some strength and flexibility and endurance, but I’m not trying to “bulk up.” I just want to be healthier and in better shape as I get older.

Like this guy:

Ok, so there is no chance I’ll be able to do what that guys can do ... I will be happy with simple push ups, dips, pull ups, and squats (something similar to a deep knee bend).

The squats I was referring to were “body weight” calisthenics, not weights. Matt and Lee had it with the jail yard references. I’m looking to gain some strength and flexibility and endurance, but I’m not trying to “bulk up.” I just want to be healthier and in better shape as I get older.

Like this guy:

Ok, so there is no chance I’ll be able to do what that guys can do ... I will be happy with simple push ups, dips, pull ups, and squats (something similar to a deep knee bend).

I doubt you'll "bulk up" too quickly using either method, but one way is simply far more effective at reaching the goals you listed than the other. Just like insurance recruiters, you need to distinguish frauds from results. #resultsmatter

I doubt you'll "bulk up" too quickly using either method, but one way is simply far more effective at reaching the goals you listed than the other. Just like insurance recruiters, you need to distinguish frauds from results. #resultsmatter

I guess I’m not following you here. I’m talking about adding some simple, elementary school gym class exercise back into my life, and you seem to be trying to communicate an implicit warning against that. You might want to explain a bit more clearly what I’m doing wrong, because I really am not following your train of thought in your recent posts about this.

Perhaps you read too much into my post?

Here is an excellent video of a lecture by Dr Gary Fettke. First, you should read some background on his story in order to understand some of his comments in the video: "You Can't Handle the Truth" – Dr. Gary Fettke Censored for Recommending Low Carb - Diet Doctor

Then, watch the video itself:

Key takeaways:

1) Pre-diabetes is diabetes, it is just early stage diabetes.
2) Diabetes is the inability of the body to metabolize the glucose load coming i from what one is eating.
3) It is, therefore, a food allergy, no different from a peanut allergy, for example. It just kills you slower than peanuts will if you are allergic to glucose.
4) If a child is allergic to nuts, you do not encourage the child to eat more nuts and then shoot themselves full of adrenaline to blunt the allergic response to keep them alive. It makes no more sense to encourage diabetics to consume high carb diets (as the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association both do) and then shoot yourself full of insulin.

The Bacon Diet, aka, a low carbohydrate diet is the cure for Type 2 diabetes.

Interview with Dan Quibbel, of the Bacon Experiment:

What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight? [Interview] - KETOGASM

Attachments

• No-Sugar-No-Starch-Diet-Clinic-Handout-134067.pdf
    242.2 KB · Views: 1
I guess I’m not following you here. I’m talking about adding some simple, elementary school gym class exercise back into my life, and you seem to be trying to communicate an implicit warning against that. You might want to explain a bit more clearly what I’m doing wrong, because I really am not following your train of thought in your recent posts about this.

Perhaps you read too much into my post?

Probably.

You mentioned how you were going to add some things based on being "advised" to do so. Considering how many bad sources that's out there, I basically said do your due diligence. But that only matters if you're serious about your training.

Learn the difference between "strength training" and "bodybuiding". they r different. what works for me is using the 4 main compound movements each week as my base = squat, deadlift, benchpress, legpress. each movement gets its own day, and add in isolation movements to the same muscle group during that day to dial in on whatever you are working on, fo instance...on chest day: bench for your compound movement, dumbell flat bench press, dumbell incline press, machine press, DONE. dont over do it, heavier weight with lower sets and reps = more calories burned, increase in strength and overall fat loss, just my exp but its been proven over and over and over with progressive overload.....and watch out for the fake natties, ya know the guys who look too ripped to be true, yea, most are on gear. just reach your attainable maximum physique 4 U, its you vs. you. good luck

that only matters if you're serious about your training.

Learn the difference between "strength training" and "bodybuiding". they r different.

I think I have identified the source of our misunderstanding. When you guys post about strength training, you envision a bunch of musclebound dudes in Gold’s Gym sweating it out lifting bars with hundreds of pounds of steel plates on them.

What I have pictured in my mind is a guy with a formerly fat dad bod doing jumping jacks in the backyard.

There is a difference :yes:

I think I have identified the source of our misunderstanding. When you guys post about strength training, you envision a bunch of musclebound dudes in Gold’s Gym sweating it out lifting bars with hundreds of pounds of steel plates on them.

What I have pictured in my mind is a guy with a formerly fat dad bod doing jumping jacks in the backyard.

Yeah I need to add some cardio. I think I could jump some rope.

No, that's all in your mind, not mine. :tongue:

If a new agent has a goal of 50k working part time, and is taking advice from someone, I'd also suggest they do their due diligence on who's advising them. By contrast, he probably won't have to worry about a million dollar a year producer making him a millionaire overnight if he doesn't want all that dough.

Back