Bad Credit Issues Should I Still Become a Agent

Hey everyone

I've been snooping around here for about a week. I'm really interested in getting my license and start selling FE insurance. BUT my credit is horrible 560 or so score.

I'm I just wasting my time trying to get into this profession??

Thanks for all who reply

Joe

Hey everyone

I've been snooping around here for about a week. I'm really interested in getting my license and start selling FE insurance. BUT my credit is horrible 560 or so score.

I'm I just wasting my time trying to get into this profession??

Thanks for all who reply

Joe

You can get alot of opinions on this but they would all be state specific. It would also depend on what the bad credit if from. It would be best for you to call your own state's DOI and ask them.

Can you afford to start by living on as earned commission because that is probably have to do.

No and that's the HUGE part

Then you would probably have to build up a large enough war chest before you start. If you can't do that about the only way you could do it is by getting licensed, work part time, door knock.

No and that's the HUGE part

One big reason why final expense agents fail before they even start is that they are not well-capitalized enough to succeed in this business.

There is nothing wrong starting to sell final expense on a part-time basis using low cost leads like avatar final expense telemarketing leads.

Regarding credit, the best advice is to follow the "shotgun method" - apply with as many carriers as your upline has, and go with the handful that do contract you.

Production talks in this business, and if you get some proof of production under your belt, many carriers, especially the smaller ones, are more willing to get you an advance in place, even with credit issues.

One big reason why final expense agents fail before they even start is that they are not well-capitalized enough to succeed in this business.

There is nothing wrong starting to sell final expense on a part-time basis using low cost leads like avatar final expense telemarketing leads.

Regarding credit, the best advice is to follow the "shotgun method" - apply with as many carriers as your upline has, and go with the handful that do contract you.

Production talks in this business, and if you get some proof of production under your belt, many carriers, especially the smaller ones, are more willing to get you an advance in place, even with credit issues.

Good stuff. From a guy that started part time.

Back