Bad Driving Record & Becoming an Agent

1-2ride

I am currently looking to become an independent agent for Wells Fargo Insurance. I have my foot in the door and should hopefully be hired soon. I have heard they do a driving background check. Will a DUI 3 years ago and 2 accidents keep me from becoming an agent there? They are a national agency so I would be selling insurance in all states but one for up to 20 different companies. Any help would be appreciated!

Honestly, this is a question best asked to your recruiter. Ultimately, only they will know the true answer. The important thing is, don't try to hide it from them. I would go ahead and disclose it and try to show how you've changed. Being open and honest can only help.

That said, it certainly isn't going to help. They will probably see the DUIs as an example of lacking strong moral character. Also, since you will be representing multiple carriers, its likely that each one will have to approve you for an appointment. Just one saying no may be the end of you with Well Fargo.

The accidents shouldn't have an effect, but DUI, arrests, unpaid judgements all effect you. Being that you are getting in with Wells you will be able to sell their products. But, I know if you were trying to being an independent and contract with different carriers, that DUI would be questioned. Good Luck with the new job though!!

Latest posts

Back