Bad Lab Results

bluemarlin08

Guru
1000 Post Club
Met with a guy and his wife recently and they decided to apply for additional coverage. Everything seemed norma, no significant health history. Was informed today he tested positive for Hep B with elevated liver enzymes. The UW wanted to know if he was infected in the past. I called the guy and asked him, news to him. He got VERY emotional. He asked if the samples could be wrong, I said it could but it never happened before.
How do you handle telling a client bad news

He should have it checked out. Have him get a copy of the labs from the Underwriters.

As far as Life Insurance it is going to boil down to the degree of the infection. Is it acute or chronic. This is not as bad an issue as Hep C. However, most companies are going to want to know if there is a diagnosis and a prognosis.

get him to the Doctor ASAP....if the lab results were inaccurate, you can do the paramed exam again. Shouldn't effect his rating at all

Unless he does have Hepatitis B and elevated enzymes, he could be highly rated or declined

He should have it checked out. Have him get a copy of the labs from the Underwriters.

As far as Life Insurance it is going to boil down to the degree of the infection. Is it acute or chronic. This is not as bad an issue as Hep C. However, most companies are going to want to know if there is a diagnosis and a prognosis.

How in the world is Hep B not as bad as Hep C? Its vastly worse. I've heard of people who have been "cured" of Hep C, no viral load. I've never heard of anyone being cured of Hep B.

How in the world is Hep B not as bad as Hep C? Its vastly worse. I've heard of people who have been "cured" of Hep C, no viral load. I've never heard of anyone being cured of Hep B.

I have had bigger problems with Hep C Compared to B and A.

Big difference between Acute and Chronic. Until the client finds out which he is the agent can not really give him a good quote.

I have had bigger problems with Hep C Compared to B and A.

Big difference between Acute and Chronic. Until the client finds out which he is the agent can not really give him a good quote.

I was thinking more in terms of having it, than trying to insure a prospect who had it.

Make sure to call the lab and have then send over the release form so your client can take the lab results from the exam to his doctor

Back