Bank Owned Life Insurance

WMG

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
NY/NJ
Anyone have any good resources on bank owned life insurance, the amounts each of the big banks own, etc.?

I know there have been some reports, even a website or two, but I haven't seen anything lately.

Thank you in advance.

Anyone have any good resources on bank owned life insurance, the amounts each of the big banks own, etc.?

I know there have been some reports, even a website or two, but I haven't seen anything lately.

Thank you in advance.

The best and most accurate way is to look up their yearly financial reports and look at the Tier1 assets.

The best and most accurate way is to look up their yearly financial reports and look at the Tier1 assets.

Yes, but I think the reporting requirements have changed or something of the like, and it's not as identifiable as it once was. I am not sure. Regardless, I was looking for some of the stats, numbers, etc. -- where they might be published or similar. I know there was a website once but I can't find it. Thanks.

----------

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it.

Yes, but I think the reporting requirements have changed or something of the like, and it's not as identifiable as it once was. I am not sure. Regardless, I was looking for some of the stats, numbers, etc. -- where they might be published or similar. I know there was a website once but I can't find it. Thanks.

----------

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it.

Im not aware of any changes to the reporting requirement. But Im not as up to date on the BOLI world like I used to be. With all of the Dodd-Frank changes I would not be surprised. BOLI is a long hard path to make a sale. The guy who got me into the industry was a BOLI/COLI expert. He concentrated on COLI the farther he got into his career. After dipping my toe in the BOLI world I quickly found out why! Of course if you just have an "in" then it can make a lot of sense to go after one.

Im not aware of any changes to the reporting requirement. But Im not as up to date on the BOLI world like I used to be. With all of the Dodd-Frank changes I would not be surprised. BOLI is a long hard path to make a sale. The guy who got me into the industry was a BOLI/COLI expert. He concentrated on COLI the farther he got into his career. After dipping my toe in the BOLI world I quickly found out why! Of course if you just have an "in" then it can make a lot of sense to go after one.

Agreed...sorry for the confusion, I am not looking to enter the BOLI marketplace...heaven forbid, LOL.

I was more looking to get current information, statistics, etc. on the amounts of life insurance the major banks own, are holding, etc.

As far as the reporting requirements, maybe I stated it poorly. What I meant was years ago, on various financial reports, and even more so on financial statements, Tier 1 assets -- and specifically the life insurance -- I think was more identifiable, perhaps more of a break-down. I've heard in recent years, that it's harder to identify the life insurance component, but I could have been told wrong or inaccurately.

Thanks.

Agreed...sorry for the confusion, I am not looking to enter the BOLI marketplace...heaven forbid, LOL.

I was more looking to get current information, statistics, etc. on the amounts of life insurance the major banks own, are holding, etc.

As far as the reporting requirements, maybe I stated it poorly. What I meant was years ago, on various financial reports, and even more so on financial statements, Tier 1 assets -- and specifically the life insurance -- I think was more identifiable, perhaps more of a break-down. I've heard in recent years, that it's harder to identify the life insurance component, but I could have been told wrong or inaccurately.

Thanks.

I understand. I was just throwing out my thoughts about BOLI more than anything... lol.

This link has some good info http://www.equiasalliance.com/images/2013-BOLI-Holdings-Report.pdf
I think I might have posted it in that thread DHK linked to.

Back